Nokia 6600 question

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 21, 2004 6:20:11 AM

Hi,

I currently have the 7250 and I transfer pictures, tones etc to my phone via
a USB cable connected to my computer. My contract ends very soon and I am
very interested in the 6600, can anyone tell me how I would go about
connecting my phone to my PC? As far as I know it does not have a POP port
like the 7250 etc.

I know that I could use infrared but I don't have an adaptor for my PC and
they are generally not cheap!

Many thanks!

Moo

More about : nokia 6600 question

Anonymous
May 21, 2004 6:45:48 AM

"Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I currently have the 7250 and I transfer pictures, tones etc to my phone
via
> a USB cable connected to my computer. My contract ends very soon and I am
> very interested in the 6600, can anyone tell me how I would go about
> connecting my phone to my PC? As far as I know it does not have a POP
port
> like the 7250 etc.
>
> I know that I could use infrared but I don't have an adaptor for my PC and
> they are generally not cheap!
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Moo

its got to be bluetooth, a usb adapter costs around £20.00 then
its all plain sailing. it also makes the transfer of pics from the phone
to the pc childs play and free.
Karl
May 21, 2004 7:57:08 PM

"Shortfatbaldbloke" <karl.newsome@orange.net> wrote in message

> "Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I currently have the 7250 and I transfer pictures, tones etc to my phone
> via
> > a USB cable connected to my computer. My contract ends very soon and I
am
> > very interested in the 6600, can anyone tell me how I would go about
> > connecting my phone to my PC? As far as I know it does not have a POP

> port
> > like the 7250 etc.
> >
> > I know that I could use infrared but I don't have an adaptor for my PC
and
> > they are generally not cheap!
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> > Moo
>
> its got to be bluetooth, a usb adapter costs around £20.00 then
> its all plain sailing. it also makes the transfer of pics from the phone
> to the pc childs play and free.
> Karl

Do you mean something like this:
http://www.savastore.com/products/product.asp?catalog%5...

or this:

http://www.savastore.com/products/product.asp?catalog%5...

Thanks!
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 6:59:30 PM

Personally, I'd go for infrared over bluetooth- as bluetooth drivers
are variable, more so than infrared drivers, especially if you are
looking at the cheaper end.

Also, infrared works for a lot more devices- more Nokia phones, more
phones of other manufacturers, PDAs etc- and so is more versatile and
useful if/when you update etc.

Don't get me wrong, I have used bluetooth as well- but I always revert
to my trusty Actisys infrared port. It has never failed to impress,
where the bluetooth has been a nightmare at times.

Actisys do a fair range of infrared ports, and I use the IR4000US.
LogoManager supply them at a fair price (between 25 and 35 pounds)
from http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/cat.php?cat=infrared- the added
advantage, that they have been tested inside out with the different
phone software (as LogoManager are a major developer).
!