Nokia 6600 question

Hi,

I currently have the 7250 and I transfer pictures, tones etc to my phone via
a USB cable connected to my computer. My contract ends very soon and I am
very interested in the 6600, can anyone tell me how I would go about
connecting my phone to my PC? As far as I know it does not have a POP port
like the 7250 etc.

I know that I could use infrared but I don't have an adaptor for my PC and
they are generally not cheap!

Many thanks!

Moo
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 question

    "Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently have the 7250 and I transfer pictures, tones etc to my phone
    via
    > a USB cable connected to my computer. My contract ends very soon and I am
    > very interested in the 6600, can anyone tell me how I would go about
    > connecting my phone to my PC? As far as I know it does not have a POP
    port
    > like the 7250 etc.
    >
    > I know that I could use infrared but I don't have an adaptor for my PC and
    > they are generally not cheap!
    >
    > Many thanks!
    >
    > Moo

    its got to be bluetooth, a usb adapter costs around £20.00 then
    its all plain sailing. it also makes the transfer of pics from the phone
    to the pc childs play and free.
    Karl

    "Shortfatbaldbloke" <karl.newsome@orange.net> wrote in message

    > "Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I currently have the 7250 and I transfer pictures, tones etc to my phone
    > via
    > > a USB cable connected to my computer. My contract ends very soon and I
    am
    > > very interested in the 6600, can anyone tell me how I would go about
    > > connecting my phone to my PC? As far as I know it does not have a POP

    > port
    > > like the 7250 etc.
    > >
    > > I know that I could use infrared but I don't have an adaptor for my PC
    and
    > > they are generally not cheap!
    > >
    > > Many thanks!
    > >
    > > Moo
    >
    > its got to be bluetooth, a usb adapter costs around £20.00 then
    > its all plain sailing. it also makes the transfer of pics from the phone
    > to the pc childs play and free.
    > Karl

    Do you mean something like this:
    http://www.savastore.com/products/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Savastore&product%5Fid=10262163&pid=44

    or this:

    http://www.savastore.com/products/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Savastore&product%5Fid=10267680&pid=44

    Thanks!

    Personally, I'd go for infrared over bluetooth- as bluetooth drivers
    are variable, more so than infrared drivers, especially if you are
    looking at the cheaper end.

    Also, infrared works for a lot more devices- more Nokia phones, more
    phones of other manufacturers, PDAs etc- and so is more versatile and
    useful if/when you update etc.

    Don't get me wrong, I have used bluetooth as well- but I always revert
    to my trusty Actisys infrared port. It has never failed to impress,
    where the bluetooth has been a nightmare at times.

    Actisys do a fair range of infrared ports, and I use the IR4000US.
    LogoManager supply them at a fair price (between 25 and 35 pounds)
    from http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/cat.php?cat=infrared- the added
    advantage, that they have been tested inside out with the different
    phone software (as LogoManager are a major developer).

Nokia Phones