Sign in with
Your question

What is positive and negative air pressure?

Last response: in Components
September 5, 2012 2:20:04 AM

Is negative and positive air pressure about the intake and exhaust fans, drawing/exhausting at different speeds OR different number of intake and exhaust fans?

Like on one article, I saw an explanation for positive air pressure, there is more fresh air coming in than hot air coming out. This means that the intake fan has a higher CFM than the exhaust fans. For negative pressure, it'd be vice versa.

Then on a different article, I saw an explanation that positive air pressure is more intake fans than exhaust fans and for negative air pressure, vice versa.

I will be getting a HAF 932, and maybe replacing the side panel with a custom side panel window (looks cool to me). I am confused how I should configure the airflow in that case. I have to worry about which fans to be intake and exhaust, and which fans to have higher CFM than others. Also, I could use the side panel fan as an advantage but maybe not. Oh and I will definitely have custom dust filters so I don't want "dust" to play a part in this you know.

What do you guys think? How should I configure my airflow in the HAF 932?

More about : positive negative air pressure

a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2012 2:30:54 AM

Top and rear fans = exhaust.

All others = intake.

Positive pressure means more air pressure from the intake fans than the exhaust fans.

Negative pressure means more air pressure from the exhaust fans than the intake fans.
m
l
September 5, 2012 2:50:14 AM

Z1NONLY said:
Top and rear fans = exhaust.

All others = intake.

Positive pressure means more air pressure from the intake fans than the exhaust fans.

Negative pressure means more air pressure from the exhaust fans than the intake fans.

Since certain fans are at certain CFM, like the front fan is a 110 CFM, do you change air pressure through the fan controller thing? Like make the exhaust or intake fan faster or slower to configure the postive or negative air pressure?
Thanks for you reply.
m
l
Related resources
September 5, 2012 2:51:34 AM

positive air pressure is positive and negative air pressure is negative
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
September 5, 2012 2:52:00 AM

dj1997 said:
positive air pressure is positive and negative air pressure is negative

Are you just trolling? :whistle: 
m
l
September 5, 2012 2:54:02 AM

amuffin said:
Are you just trolling? :whistle: 

what dat mean
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2012 2:55:49 AM

jonathanyu96 said:
Since certain fans are at certain CFM, like the front fan is a 110 CFM, do you change air pressure through the fan controller thing? Like make the exhaust or intake fan faster or slower to configure the postive or negative air pressure?
Thanks for you reply.

I would make adjustments, if needed, after I check temps under load. I'm less concerned with positive vs negative pressure if my temps are good, my dust filters do their job, and my rig isn't needlessly noisy.
m
l
!