First build i5-2400 need mobo advice

pfloydhead

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hello, i have been driving myself nuts reading post and trying to figure out what i need. This is my first ever build have bought factory dells in the past but my old dexktop is outdated bad and i want a new one for regular everyday use, internet, school and some games mainly wow, skyrim, d3.
Approximate Purchase Date:this week or next few weeks

Budget Range:700-800 give or take

System Usage from Most to Least Important:home, internet,gaming

Parts Not Required:keybord, mouse, speakers, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:newegg, tigerdirect

Parts Preferences: Intel cpu

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: no

Additional Comments: I would like to use an i5-2400 or i5-2320 05 2300. no ssd, gtx 560 card. need help with a good mobo though would like to use an atx instead of a micro atx but dont have to

I mainly need help picking out a motherboard to go with the I5-2400 and a gtx 560 card. I have gotten confused reading about all the different boards, the h61, h67, h77, p67, z77, so would love some help and info please

rdx07

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
ASRock H61 U3S3 is also a cool board. though an entry level chipset for sandy bridge, it doesn't affect much of the performance compared to other chipsets. plus, it's cheaper to get :) compared to h67, you'd only lack some features. but with U3S#, you'd get that usb3, sata 3, dvi, etc. you won't go wrong in those two chipsets since you won't be overclocking the cpu :)