Resolution problem in windows 7

sourodip

Distinguished
hello guys!!!!!!!
i am having a resolution problem from 2 years.
SYSTEM SPECS:-asus M2N68 AM-PLUS,2gb ddr2 ram,amd athlon x2 245 2.91 ghz overlocked to 3.11 ghz,chipset geforce 7025/nforce 630a,monitor:sam 20"B2030
in xp i am getting a resolution of 1366*768 and the screen looks awful,the letters are jagged but when i install my monitor driver(after downloading from samsung.com)it displays my hidden native(recommended)resolution i.e.,1600*900 But in windows 7 when i install my geforce driver it displays my fake native resolution i.e.,1366*768(and the screen is also too jagged,looks awful)and there is no way to change it to my original recommended native resolution i.e.,1600*900.I have installed the monitor driver,tried to create custom resolution in nvidia control panel but it says("The resolutuion 1600*900 is not supported by your diplay") and every time i failed.but in winxp after installing monitor driver it gives me 1600*900 resolution.
thanks...
Please help me,i am suffering from this problem for 2 years......

Your monitor will only give you a resolution that it was made for and according to the spec's you should be getting 1600x900.
How is it that you have let this go on for two years? What made you finaly ask for help here?
Have you downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia driver? 296.10

sourodip

Distinguished

yarh i have installed the latest nvidia driver's,but still theres no change,pls help me

I am not sure if GeForce drivers work for nForce integrated solution. Try this, it might help:
Go to this website http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/indexsg.aspx?lang=en-uk
Press "motherboard drivers" under option 2. Wait for it to detect the correct drivers, download and install them
Then, restart your computer. If you still cannot set correct resolution, do the same but this time press "Graphics drivers" under option 2. Once installed, restart your computer. It should help!

If it doesn't, it might be a bad cable. I suppose you don't have another one to try?