When you view a folder by Name and then select Show in Groups, the
window shows groups by a letter of the alphabet. When I view the
folder by Date (Modified or Created) and select Show in Groups, the
resulting groups are Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, etc.
I don’t like these group definitions. What I would like to group my
files by is a specific date. How do I modify the view so I can
achieve groups by specific dates?

Thanks,

Henry

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Customize-Show-Groups-Dates-ftopict242418.html

astralingua <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>When you view a folder by Name and then select Show in Groups, the
>window shows groups by a letter of the alphabet. When I view the
>folder by Date (Modified or Created) and select Show in Groups, the
>resulting groups are Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, etc.
>I don’t like these group definitions. What I would like to group my
>files by is a specific date. How do I modify the view so I can
>achieve groups by specific dates?

I do not think that you can customize these settings. You may need a
third-party file manager that is more powerful than the Windows
Explorer.

--
(tm)

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:
> astralingua <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:
>
> >When you view a folder by Name and then select Show in
> Groups, the
> >window shows groups by a letter of the alphabet. When I view
> the
> >folder by Date (Modified or Created) and select Show in
> Groups, the
> >resulting groups are Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks
> Ago, etc.
> >I don’t like these group definitions. What I would like to
> group my
> >files by is a specific date. How do I modify the view so I
> can
> >achieve groups by specific dates?
>
> I do not think that you can customize these settings. You may
> need a
> third-party file manager that is more powerful than the
> Windows
> Explorer.
>
> --
> (tm)

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I thought that there might be some
registry mods that you could make to achieve grouping by specific
dates.

Henry

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request