Show in Groups for Dates

When you view a folder by Name and then select Show in Groups, the
window shows groups by a letter of the alphabet. When I view the
folder by Date (Modified or Created) and select Show in Groups, the
resulting groups are Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, etc.
I don’t like these group definitions. What I would like to group my
files by is a specific date. How do I modify the view so I can
achieve groups by specific dates?

Thanks,

Henry

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Customize-Show-Groups-Dates-ftopict242418.html

    astralingua <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

    >When you view a folder by Name and then select Show in Groups, the
    >window shows groups by a letter of the alphabet. When I view the
    >folder by Date (Modified or Created) and select Show in Groups, the
    >resulting groups are Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, etc.
    >I don’t like these group definitions. What I would like to group my
    >files by is a specific date. How do I modify the view so I can
    >achieve groups by specific dates?

    I do not think that you can customize these settings. You may need a
    third-party file manager that is more powerful than the Windows
    Explorer.

    --
    (tm)

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:
    > astralingua <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When you view a folder by Name and then select Show in
    > Groups, the
    > >window shows groups by a letter of the alphabet. When I view
    > the
    > >folder by Date (Modified or Created) and select Show in
    > Groups, the
    > >resulting groups are Today, Yesterday, Last Week, Two Weeks
    > Ago, etc.
    > >I don’t like these group definitions. What I would like to
    > group my
    > >files by is a specific date. How do I modify the view so I
    > can
    > >achieve groups by specific dates?
    >
    > I do not think that you can customize these settings. You may
    > need a
    > third-party file manager that is more powerful than the
    > Windows
    > Explorer.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    Thanks, I was afraid of that. I thought that there might be some
    registry mods that you could make to achieve grouping by specific
    dates.

    Henry

    --
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=739474