New system built - need your advice plz

cokegirl

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Hello,

I've built my gaming rig a day ago and now I'm having troubles.. I'm posting this thread hoping if you can share your insights.

I believe I've done all assemblies correctly, however, I hear a loud fan like noise .. and I believe it's from my GPU - gigabyte hd 6850 windforce, though it works well. Is there anyway I can reduce the noise? Or do you think maybe the noise coming from another part?

As well, my ethernet connection is keeps disconnected , especially when I just turn on the pc.. Is it possible that my router is broke or do I have defective Network card? the router is about 4~5 years old. My laptop sometimes has that problem too.

Lastly, could you advise how to maintain the newly built pc? like do you think it's a good idea to use CCleaner or perform disk cleaner, etc? I'm using Avast free. Is there any good for free (I'm planning to subscribe kaspersky later on..)

Thanks guys! Cheers

GI_JONES

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
You dont have to subscribe to anti virus. Use Microsoft Security Essentials. It is free to download and us, doesnt hog system resources, and works great. I have run it on 5 pc's in my house for 3 years and never had a problem.
As far as the noise..some graphic card fans are quite noisy. i'm not familiar with the Catylyst Control center...but look to see if there is a way to adjust fan speed

hairlly

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I think 7970 will be better

cokegirl

Honorable
May 11, 2012
T.T so.. i can't fix this noise now.. And do you guys use CCleaner or something liek that regularly? Would that kinda program affect my computer bad or good? Advice plz! cheers

revolution2718

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012

It's good to use CCleaner regularly, as well as virus/spyware scanners and a disk defragmenter (if you're on an oldschool harddrive and not an SSD).