Solved

I5-3570K and i7-3770K

Hi, I've been reading everywhere and I just want to make one thing clear!
Is it true the -ONLY- difference of the i5-3570K and i7-3770K is Hyper-threading?

As in, they would be -complete- replicas if hyper-threading was removed from the 3770K?
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3570k 3770k
  1. Nope. 3770K has 8mb l3 cache vs 6 on the 3570K

Oh and normal/turbo clocks are different too though you might argue thats irrelevant when OC'ing
  2. I see. Thanks for that.
    Another thing, is the rate at which both processors heat up the same too?
    'cause I see everywhere about threads saying the 3770K overheats too fast, but not that much complaints on the 3570K
  3. Here you can see the differences between them here a little easier http://ark.intel.com/compare/65520,65523
  4. Thanks for that!
    So is hyper-threading, an extra 2mb cache, etc worth the extra $100?
  5. excella1221 said:
    Thanks for that!

If you are going to use that for gaming and plan to overclock, Nope !!
  6. excella1221 said:
    Thanks for that!

If you are going to use that for gaming and plan to overclock, Nope !!
  7. Depends on the applications.
  8. excella1221 said:
    I see. Thanks for that.
    Another thing, is the rate at which both processors heat up the same too?
    'cause I see everywhere about threads saying the 3770K overheats too fast, but not that much complaints on the 3570K

The 3570k has heat problems too.
  9. Cache (L3), HT and Higher base clocks (the joy). You have omitted telling us what your purpose is, though I assume none of the extra bag of goodies will be particularly useful.
  10. I'll be mostly gaming.
    I'm actually taking a course though on Multimedia Arts, so I'm taking classes involving 2D animation, 3D anim, video production, etc.
  11. Then you would like to consider a 3770K for the added threading, or consider on of those 3930K abominations.
  12. ^ The 3930K is hardly an "abomination" - maybe you wanna look up the definition sometime :P..

OP: Neither the 3570K nor the 3770K "heat up too fast" unless you get above a 4.5GHz overclock, or more accurately a ~1.3Vcore voltage. If you do plan to oc that high, then get a good cooler to replace the stock Intel cooler.
  13. Personally, I wouldn't use these K-edition CPUs with the stock cooler. You can get a good custom cooler for barely more than the K costs, and you'll need one to really take advantage of that K.
  14. fazers_on_stun said:
    ^ The 3930K is hardly an "abomination" - maybe you wanna look up the definition sometime :P..

OP: Neither the 3570K nor the 3770K "heat up too fast" unless you get above a 4.5GHz overclock, or more accurately a ~1.3Vcore voltage. If you do plan to oc that high, then get a good cooler to replace the stock Intel cooler.

It abominates my bank account.
  15. sarinaide said:
    It abominates my bank account.

LOL - OK that I can agree with..

However far less abomination than the 3960X :D..
  16. fazers_on_stun said:
    ^ The 3930K is hardly an "abomination" - maybe you wanna look up the definition sometime :P..

I see. How far exactly on OC can I get with the stock cooler?
  17. Best answer
    With an Intel stock fan I wouldn't really go beyond 3.8-4ghz top end, these 22nm bundles of joy break really easy...perhaps I can show you one day, but then 1.62v at 6.5ghz is not going to last long :P
  18. Best answer selected by excella1221.
  19. I would be wary of 4 GHz. I overclocked mine to 4 GHz with the stock cooler and was hitting 90+ C in Intel Burn Test. Of course you'll probably never put so much strain on a CPU than you do with IBT but still it is sort of a worry...
  20. What about for video streaming from a game. Will I see a noticeable increase in performance if I got the i7 over the i5?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Intel i5