FMV quality visuals for Xbox360 Armored Core?

electro

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2004

I always wondered when the game engine would be able to come close to
the killer FMV intro to Armored Core 3. Does anyone think that Xbox
360 will be able to handle it? Project Gothams visuals looks promising.

I'm not sure. I haven't seen Armored Core 3's prerendered CG intro
but I'll try to find it and have a look.

generally speaking, it is my belief that in-game visuals on Xbox 360
games that make good use of the hardware will probably rival -some- of
the prerendered CG used in -some- PS1 games from the 1990s. The more
recent CG from PS2 games is another story.

I would also say that we have seem some really outstanding prerendered
CG from PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games. There are too many examples to
even begin to mention - that stuff will not be possible in realtime,
in games, until Xbox3 ~ PS4 which is 5~7 years out.

electro

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2004

Xbox Ninja Gaiden visuals and Gamecube Resident Evil 4 visuals are
already rivaling and have already surpassed many PS1 quality CG. The
PS3 hardware is already running the identica CG sequence from Final
Fantasy VII in real time. I think Armored Core 3 CG visuals on Xbox360
will be a reality.

Jordan

Nah, he said he had a Sony Wega which is a decent TV, depending on the
model it may even do HDTV. But none of them currently do 1080p.

- Jordan

Jordan wrote:
> Which doesn't really matter since your television doesn't do 1080p
> either.
>
> - Jordan

I'd be suprised if that troll had a color tv.

Jordan wrote:
> Nah, he said he had a Sony Wega which is a decent TV, depending on the
> model it may even do HDTV. But none of them currently do 1080p.
>
> - Jordan

It's really moot to buy one that does 1080p right now. I heard the
tuners won't accept a 1080p signal if one were even available. Sony is
really going out on a limb with this one, and it may prove to bite them
in the ass in the end, unless it is all speculation.

electro wrote:
> PLEASE DONT HIJACK MY TOPIC!

? Who are you replying to Google? I'm not the one wearing the towel on
my head in this thread beyotch :) You should be replying to Velocity Girl.

electro

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2004

So Gaidens visuals are technically worse than the Blood Omen Legacy Of
Kain FMV intro? My memory tells me different. Time to fire up the old
Playstation and check it out.

electro wrote:
> So Gaidens visuals are technically worse than the Blood Omen Legacy Of
> Kain FMV intro? My memory tells me different. Time to fire up the old
> Playstation and check it out.

Yes.

There are probably 40+ million polys making up that intro.
I doubt there are 10 million making up NG.

electro wrote:
> Ninja Gaidens Graphics are WAY better than alot of PS1 FMV. No
> question about it.

How is yourself doing? A difference of opinion?

Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 prerendered intros could not be done on
Dreamcast or PS2. even the Gamecube and Xbox 1 would struggle

most CG's from PS1 games like Tekken 2, Soul Edge/Blade, Tekken3 etc,
would need Xbox 360 or Playstation3 to be done in realtime.

just because you think some of those old CGs look like ass today, does
not mean they could be done on current consoles.

Xbox Ninja Gaiden graphics are better than *some* of the PS1's
prerendered CG FMV, but ALOT of PS1 CG is *way* beyond Ninja Gaiden.

"nv55" <nvidianv55@mail.com> wrote in message
> agreed.

With what?

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "nv55" <nvidianv55@mail.com> wrote in message
>> agreed.
>>

> With what?

Googlegroups: Just one more insult to usenet.

"JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "nv55" <nvidianv55@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> agreed.
>>>

>> With what?
>
> Googlegroups: Just one more insult to usenet.

You can quote in googlegroups, can't you? I could have sworn you could
because I have used it. That is just laziness.