Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
I've just set up my new rig with the following:

Asus P8Z68 V3-Pro/Gen 3
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Corsair 90gb Force SSD
WD 1 TB Caviar Black
Corsair 750W

I just finished installing Windows 7 and then started installing the MoBo drivers. Graphics card was noted to be generic insofar. After installing the integrated graphics driver and trying to reboot, the screen now is completely dark.

I currently have my rig hooked up to my TV with HDMI output. Is it safe to assume that I need to use VGA or DVI output for now until I can change to appropriate settings? I would try that but I don't have my monitor yet and that only has HDMI input...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MysteriousSith

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I would assume this is the problem. I recently had a similar issue. After doing a fresh install of Windows 7, everything worked find until I installed the graphics driver, and then after the windows loading screen it just went to a black screen. After trying a whole bunch of different graphics drivers, I finally figured it out. I still had both my DVI monitor and my TV (via HDMI) plugged into my card. I unplugged them both and plugged just the DVI back in and there was the log in screen. If I were you, I would try to find a friend who will end you a monitor for an hour and try that. If it works, set up your TV as your default monitor, unplug the monitor, reboot and see if it works.

jtlau

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Thanks for the input!

So I managed to get my hands on a monitor with VGA input and am trying that now. Having difficulty with detecting my TV/HDMI output option in my settings...

TRENDING THREADS