Installation help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaddoc326

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
SO I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 560ti 448 cores and I am having trouble installing it, I feel like My power supply (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016) doesn't have enough PCIe power. It has one that comes alongside the Main MoBo power and CPU backup power, and one red PCIe cable that is attachable, however when I plug in both and try running a test boot, nothing happens. However when I only insert the one red one, it boots up, however the manual says not only use one of them.
Is my videocard dead or am I doing something wrong, please help.

Solution
That PSU's definitely good enough for one 448.
What do you mean by "nothing happens"? Here's what I'm guessing is going on: the fans are spinning up and the lights are coming on, but the display isn't getting anything because you're leaving the monitor plugged into the motherboard instead of into the graphics card. Try that, with BOTH plugs. When you try with one, the mobo's using integrated graphics.
That PSU's definitely good enough for one 448.
What do you mean by "nothing happens"? Here's what I'm guessing is going on: the fans are spinning up and the lights are coming on, but the display isn't getting anything because you're leaving the monitor plugged into the motherboard instead of into the graphics card. Try that, with BOTH plugs. When you try with one, the mobo's using integrated graphics.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.