Buy or Wait gigabyte GV-N580UD-15I On Sale

HapticVoid

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Hello,
There is currently a gigabyte GV-N580UD-15I on sale for $360 (upper range of my budget) after all the mail in rebates. I am currently in the process of building my first rig, and I really don't know if I should wait or pull the trigger. At this price point will I see a high performance to price ratio, and if anyone currently has the card how do you like it? New egg owners seem to be really high and low, and the only Tech site review that I found gave it a favourable review. Finally if its not a good choice, and you know of a better option I would love to hear it, I have no loyalty to either AMD or Nvidia, but I doubt I will be able to afford and of the Kepler gpu's that will be out in the next couple weeks/months.

Edit, just read the sticky thread
Current purchased components are
Gigabyte z68x-UDH3-B3
i5 2500k
Antec True Power New 750w
OCZ agility 3 90gb SS
Corsair h80 cooler
1920x1080 on a Dell U2312HM

Solution
It is a very good price for that powerful a GPU! The upcoming HD7870 which is not quite as powerful (but close) is supposed to have $350 for its retail price when released on the market next week. The HD7870 positive is its power consumption, you could easily run two of them on your selected hardware!
It is a very good price for that powerful a GPU! The upcoming HD7870 which is not quite as powerful (but close) is supposed to have $350 for its retail price when released on the market next week. The HD7870 positive is its power consumption, you could easily run two of them on your selected hardware!

Solution

HapticVoid

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012

Thanks a lot for the reply, the ability to Crossfire in the future is a great point that I hadn't really considered, and will be making my choice that much harder.

HapticVoid

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012

I believe I have made my decision after reading that, the power gains are worth the small performance decreases.
Thanks again for your help.