Thermal Paste - CPU warranty - CPU cooler

gboy_05

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hello to all the PROs out there!

I just bought a new Phenom ii x4 965 BE last 5days ago and I'm planning to buy a new cpu cooler.

And i found out that before installing the new cooler, I need to clean my "Processor" using Isopropyl Alcohol at least 70% to 90% .

I know some of you notice, that there are letters and numbers that are written at the processor ( im not sure if serial or name, but im sure something is written to it) which can be found from where you will put the thermal paste.

Questions:

If i remove the old thermal paste from my cpu using alcohol will the written
letters be remove? does it mean my warranty also remove/void?.

And please help me to choose the best cpu cooler from the 3 choices listed, and do they have a thermal paste included after purchasing?

1. Noctua NH-C12 SE14
2. CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
3. CoolerMaster Hyper212

Thermal paste choose between Tuniq and CoolMaster the only 2 thermal paste available here in my place. (Optional because i don't know if the cpu cooler includes a thermal paste after buying it)

1. Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Compound
2. CoolerMaster thermal paste

Thanks!

Solution
Yes, if the processor had paste on it from the stock cooler you will have to clean it with Isopropyl (it should be as close to pure as possible, 95+ I think) using a clean microfiber cloth. Any writing on the processor should not be removed by the alcohol. My Noctua cooler came with Thermal Paste, a fairly good rated Noctua brand paste, and the coolers should list somewhere in the description if they do include it. Most people seem to like the CM 212, and it's cheap enough that the price of a tube of Arctic Silver or your preferred thermal paste is easily offset.

chugot9218

Honorable
Yes, if the processor had paste on it from the stock cooler you will have to clean it with Isopropyl (it should be as close to pure as possible, 95+ I think) using a clean microfiber cloth. Any writing on the processor should not be removed by the alcohol. My Noctua cooler came with Thermal Paste, a fairly good rated Noctua brand paste, and the coolers should list somewhere in the description if they do include it. Most people seem to like the CM 212, and it's cheap enough that the price of a tube of Arctic Silver or your preferred thermal paste is easily offset.

Solution