Caps Lock

Hi,
I seem to have some bad muscle control in my fingers, so sometimes I hit the
Caps Lock key. aFTER A WHI....After a while I notice and aaaaargh!
Is there any way to stop this key from working, I never need it and it's
annoying. I don't want to use glue, but it's an option.
Thanks,
Leon
4 answers Last reply
More about caps lock

    Pop off the key with a small screwdriver. Cut a little plastic donut about a
    quarter inch thickness from a bic pen. Place this between the keyboard and
    key the as you replace the key. You may have to experiment with the
    thickness but, works like a charm.

    --
    ~john aka: jopa

    "Leon" <ozewiezejeweetwel@wxs.nl> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I seem to have some bad muscle control in my fingers, so sometimes I hit
    > the Caps Lock key. aFTER A WHI....After a while I notice and aaaaargh!
    > Is there any way to stop this key from working, I never need it and it's
    > annoying. I don't want to use glue, but it's an option.
    > Thanks,
    > Leon

    Trying looking at this site.
    http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/disable_caps_lock/. I make no
    warranties that this will work or not. It would beat tearing your keyboard
    apart though.

    Jeff S.
    out1649@hotmail.com

    "jopa66" wrote:

    > Pop off the key with a small screwdriver. Cut a little plastic donut about a
    > quarter inch thickness from a bic pen. Place this between the keyboard and
    > key the as you replace the key. You may have to experiment with the
    > thickness but, works like a charm.
    >
    > --
    > ~john aka: jopa
    >

    > "Leon" <ozewiezejeweetwel@wxs.nl> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I seem to have some bad muscle control in my fingers, so sometimes I hit
    > > the Caps Lock key. aFTER A WHI....After a while I notice and aaaaargh!
    > > Is there any way to stop this key from working, I never need it and it's
    > > annoying. I don't want to use glue, but it's an option.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Leon

    Thanks for the info. Always good to have other options.

    --
    ~john aka: jopa

    "mtjoyhero" <mtjoyhero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Trying looking at this site.
    > http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/disable_caps_lock/. I make no
    > warranties that this will work or not. It would beat tearing your
    > keyboard
    > apart though.
    >
    > Jeff S.
    > out1649@hotmail.com
    >

    > "jopa66" wrote:
    >
    >> Pop off the key with a small screwdriver. Cut a little plastic donut
    >> about a
    >> quarter inch thickness from a bic pen. Place this between the keyboard
    >> and
    >> key the as you replace the key. You may have to experiment with the
    >> thickness but, works like a charm.
    >>
    >> --
    >> ~john aka: jopa
    >>

    >> "Leon" <ozewiezejeweetwel@wxs.nl> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I seem to have some bad muscle control in my fingers, so sometimes I
    >> > hit
    >> > the Caps Lock key. aFTER A WHI....After a while I notice and aaaaargh!
    >> > Is there any way to stop this key from working, I never need it and
    >> > it's
    >> > annoying. I don't want to use glue, but it's an option.
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Leon

    In article <cqrf75$pi3$1@reader11.wxs.nl>, ozewiezejeweetwel@wxs.nl,
    a.k.a Leon says...

    > I seem to have some bad muscle control in my fingers, so sometimes I hit the
    > Caps Lock key. aFTER A WHI....After a while I notice and aaaaargh!
    > Is there any way to stop this key from working, I never need it and it's
    > annoying. I don't want to use glue, but it's an option

    Just use "toggle keys" within windows ... everytime you hit the CAPS
    LOCK or other associated keys, your PC will 'beep' at you.

    Hit the "shift" key approx 5 times in succession, and you'll get a pop-
    up dialogue box - click 'settings', and then make sure "toggle keys" is
    set.

    I think (not sure) that you have to have accessibility options installed
    in windows, but it's no big deal to install if you haven't.