GTX 680 benchmark fixed

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I was kinda bored, so I fixed that misleading 680 benchmark graph from the article for nvidia
not all that impressive anymore... only about 10% faster than the 7970 on average

geforcegtx680benchmarkf.png

4745454b

Titan
Not sure that chart is correct. Rumor has it the GK104 won't be the GTX660 after all, but the GTX680. It also has the "old" number of shaders listed. The "GTX680" (GK104 or GK110, not sure) is supposed to have 15xx+ shaders, not 1k+. Looks like a mix of old and new info.

hotthree

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
You can gurantee if the 680 beats the 7970 then the price will be more expensive. However, prices still could drop if 7970 lowers to compete on price rather then performance.

I think in the end prices will come to a halt around $450-500. But Nvidia is smart and so is AMD. Neither is going to release the card that trumps these until they have skimmed the market some.

there's also a matter of drivers. the 10% lead in performance could just melt away if AMD decide to do some big driver update on the same day or within a week of kepler release to keep the 7970 competitive (I know it's unlikely, but still possible). as it stands, the green team fans who's been holding out for kepler will definately go for it, but those of us who got sick of waiting and went for a 7970 or even 7950 will probably be willing to just sit on our tahiti cards and wait for AMD to fix their drivers. in the end, this late release will cost Nvidia some sales in my opinion

DM186

Splendid
We are all a little concerned with what is, to what will be, and what has happened. The info that was given in another thread by another person and I posted it here and it comes form this web site.

It does bring a lot of questions. But the bottom line is we have to wait and see what will be will be. I know I wish that info would be true. It would mean the nVidia has out done AMD.

We just have to wait in see. Just a few weeks away.