Any suggestions?

Scott_B

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
I just put a computer together. It worked well for a couple of weeks and then powered off and now will not power on. Nothing no power at all. It is a cheap Ninja 2 Case with powermax PSU. I tried another PSU but still no power.

Could it be the switch?

Is there anyway to test the power supply to see if it bad both of them???

Any idea where to start on trouble shooting? Anyway to hardwire the on switch to see if it a bad switch?

Any help at all I am pulling my hair out.

Thanks

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
If you are getting NO Beeps or BIOS Post, indicates something may be shorted. Remove the MB and test on the bench. You may have a screw shorting something out.

You did indicate what we are working on. Post your setup.

mdalli

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
First off, check the wall outlet. This is a good argument for owning a multimeter, but you can use a radio/ lamp/ whatever.

From there, you need to check voltages on your PSU while it's not connected to the computer, with the two necessary pins jumpered to turn the PSU on.

Also check the case's power switch for continuity.

Did I happen to mention you might want to get a multimeter and learn how to use it?

Scott_B

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
I have a fluke multimeter.

I just need to figure out which jumpers turn the PSU on. :)

Oh well of course the battery is dead in my multimeter haha think I will throw myself off the balcony.

Scott_B

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
OK I jumpered the PSU it came up fine. I guess that leaves a bad switch or dead motherboard? anyway to jumper the switch connector on the mother board to see if that the problem?

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
OK I jumpered the PSU it came up fine. I guess that leaves a bad switch or dead motherboard? anyway to jumper the switch connector on the mother board to see if that the problem?
Look in your mobo manual, it will tell you which 2 pins are power on. I usually just short them with a screw. :wink: GL :) And be careful. Take your time.

PS. You'll have to pull off the Power connector first to bypass the switch.

Scott_B

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
Thanks,

I tried jumpering them. I tried using the reset switch wire too and it will not kick in..

My buddy told me last night he had unplugged the USB on the front panel and the PC turned off. He had been gone and had not told me. I have never had USB blow up my motherboard though.

Do I need the receipt and stuff for Gigabyte to get it fixed? It is only 4 or 5 weeks old.