Are all these parts compatible, and am I getting a good deal

noahfor

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
Approximate Purchase Date: within two weeks

Budget Range: preferably under $800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: internet, diablo 3, beginner music production

Parts Not Required: monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Maybe in the future

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

intel core i5 3570k
rosewill capstone series 450w psu
combo - $289.98

corsair vengeance 8gb 240-pin ddr3 1600 - $44.99

asrock extreme4 z77 motherboard
western digital caviar blue 500gb 7200rpm sata hard drive
combo - $199.98

total - $594.94

all from newegg

So, that's what i have picked out, and I'll just fill in the rest of the parts. Basically, I'm mostly concerned with finding out if those parts are compatible and making sure I'm getting a decent price for all of them. Unfortunately, I don't have a microcenter nearby or I'd take advantage of their deal on that cpu and motherboard.

My only other concern is what GPU to get. I'm gonna get Diablo 3 but I highly doubt I'll be playing any other games besides that, maybe the mass effect series. I'm not spoiled on graphics. The best graphics I've seen have been God of War 3 and Red Dead Redemption on PS3. Before those PS2 and world of warcraft on less than optimal settings were the best that I had seen. I doubt that I even need to run D3 on the highest settings to be satisfied. So, I'm looking for the cheapest possible GPU that is going to allow me to get a nice looking game. I'm not even sure I need an HD monitor to be happy.

1: if you dont have windows 7, get it
2: i would recommend a gtx 670 or a 7850 video card. they will play diablo 33 at max settings if not very high
3: your build checks out to b fine. the only thing i would recommend now is to throw in a hyper 212 evo for better temperatures
4: iif you upgrade the video card, i would recommend getting a 500-550w power supply.
5: if you have some extra budget in the future, a crucial 128gb is a great drive

ddan49

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
A 670/7850 is OVERKILL for D3. D3 isn't a demanding game at all... you'd be fine with a 6870, and could probably still max it out with a 6850 (90% sure). We could put this down to less than $700 easily, I'm sure. Get an MSI Hawk 6850 and Windows 7. Also, please post links to your products. I've got a feeling that your PSU is not very good. I'd get 16GB of RAM if you're really into audio production, and maybe a sound card. However, I don't think you're that into it, so you'd be fine with 8GB and no sound card. I agree... get a 212 Evo. You know your build is designed for overclocking, right? Lastly, you'll need a case. May want a 1TB HDD, as well... it's only like $30 extra.