Wal-Mart leaks Xbox360 prices and release date

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Highlander wrote:
Xbox 360 console: $299.96
Xbox 360 games: $59.99
Xbox 360 Failure: $Priceless

Highlander wrote:

> Xbox 360 console: $299.96
> Xbox 360 games: $59.99
> North American release date: November 4, 2005
>
> sources:

Too late, you were beaten to this exciting bit of news by about five
and a half hours... you must keep more on the ball young man!

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

In article <42EF138A.745E2416@blueyonder.co.uk>,
paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk says...
> Highlander wrote:
> >
> > Xbox 360 console: $299.96
> > Xbox 360 games: $59.99
> > North American release date: November 4, 2005
> >
> > sources:
> >
> Too late, you were beaten to this exciting bit of news by about five
> and a half hours... you must keep more on the ball young man!

lol
--

If You Feel You Can't Go On
Call Someone Now

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Highlander wrote:

> Xbox 360 console: $299.96

Nice, they're hitting the $300 price point after all. So I'm curious... this
time next year when the PS3 launches and MS counters by cutting the Xbox 360
price by $50, will the PS3 end up costing exactly twice as much as the Xbox?
It's sounding that way. That'll really go over well with Joe and Josephine
Consumer.

> Xbox 360 games: $59.99

Sadly, all next-gen games are gonna end up costing $60.

> North American release date: November 4, 2005

Nov. 4? They've got to be kidding. Three months from beta devkits to retail?
I'll believe it when I see it.

-Z-

Zackman wrote:

>>Xbox 360 games: $59.99

> Sadly, all next-gen games are gonna end up costing $60.

It's not the first time. Remember the N64?

"sonarrat" <sonarrat@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Zackman wrote:
>
> >>Xbox 360 games: $59.99
>
> > Sadly, all next-gen games are gonna end up costing $60.
>
> It's not the first time. Remember the N64?

Those were carts these are disc

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "sonarrat" <sonarrat@nospam.com> wrote in message

>> > Sadly, all next-gen games are gonna end up costing $60.
>>
>> It's not the first time. Remember the N64?
>
> Those were carts these are disc

Yes, the N64 games did contain less information per dollar, which makes the
newer multi-gig game disc at the same price an even better deal. But I had
hoped prices would hover under the $50 range for a bit longer.

Zackman wrote:
> Highlander wrote:
>
> > Xbox 360 console: $299.96
>
> Nice, they're hitting the $300 price point after all. So I'm curious... this
> time next year when the PS3 launches and MS counters by cutting the Xbox 360
> price by $50, will the PS3 end up costing exactly twice as much as the Xbox?
> It's sounding that way. That'll really go over well with Joe and Josephine
> Consumer.
>
> > Xbox 360 games: $59.99
>
> Sadly, all next-gen games are gonna end up costing $60.
>
> > North American release date: November 4, 2005
>
> Nov. 4? They've got to be kidding. Three months from beta devkits to retail?
> I'll believe it when I see it.
>
> -Z-

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

untell the HD-DVD XBOX360 comes around then the price will go up

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Velocity Girl wrote:
> Highlander wrote:
> Xbox 360 console: $299.96
> Xbox 360 games: $59.99
> Xbox 360 Failure: $Priceless

velocity girl having friends: impossible

Strychnine

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004

"papa guiseppi" <papa@pizza.pie> wrote in message
> Velocity Girl wrote:
>> Highlander wrote:
>> Xbox 360 console: $299.96
>> Xbox 360 games: $59.99
>> Xbox 360 Failure: $Priceless
>
> velocity girl having friends: impossible

Velocity girl copulating with something that doesn't require
batteries....Inconceivable!!

In alt.games.video.xbox Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:

> > North American release date: November 4, 2005

> Nov. 4? They've got to be kidding. Three months from beta devkits to retail?
> I'll believe it when I see it.

Actually, doesn't it take about 6-8 weeks for a game to go from "Gold" to
being on shelf stores? So they have even less time than that...

Well, it should be interesting to see what happens.

In alt.games.video.xbox xTenn <xTennRemovePart@tds.net> wrote:

> Yes, the N64 games did contain less information per dollar, which makes the
> newer multi-gig game disc at the same price an even better deal. But I had
> hoped prices would hover under the $50 range for a bit longer.

I think his point was that carts require more material per copy, whereas
it only costs pennies to press a DVD.

Anyways, the price to GB of data measurement isn't as interesting as the
price to playtime one. For instance, one of my favorite games that I've
bought is still the original Masters Of Orion. It came on 4 floppy
disks. Yet I've played it for 100s of hours. Compare this to, say,
Onimusha, which has many times more graphics but after I finished it in
about 20 hours, I never played it again. I paid the same amount for both
games, yet, I consider Orion to be the better bargin...

This is why I consider the "cost per hour", calculated by taking the cost
of the item, divided by the amount of time you'll spend enjoying it. For
example: If a movie ticket costs $9, and the average movie length is 90
minutes, then you're paying about $6/hr.

If a game costs $50 and you complete the game in about 15 hours, then
you've paid about $3.30/hr.

But if that game now costs $60, then your price goes up to $4/hr.

Personally, I try to buy games at prices such at their cost/hr is $1 or
less, with $2/hr being a hard maximum.

Obviously this isn't a perfect system... I'm not about to play a horrible
game for 100s of hours just because it was cheap. And at the same time, I
recognize if that when I go to a concert of something, I'm paying much
much more than what I'd pay to go see a movie. Still, it's an interesting
measure.

Doug Jacobs wrote:
> In alt.games.video.xbox xTenn <xTennRemovePart@tds.net> wrote:
>

>>Yes, the N64 games did contain less information per dollar, which makes the
>>newer multi-gig game disc at the same price an even better deal. But I had
>>hoped prices would hover under the $50 range for a bit longer.
>

> I think his point was that carts require more material per copy, whereas
> it only costs pennies to press a DVD.
>
> Anyways, the price to GB of data measurement isn't as interesting as the
> price to playtime one. For instance, one of my favorite games that I've
> bought is still the original Masters Of Orion. It came on 4 floppy
> disks. Yet I've played it for 100s of hours. Compare this to, say,
> Onimusha, which has many times more graphics but after I finished it in
> about 20 hours, I never played it again. I paid the same amount for both
> games, yet, I consider Orion to be the better bargin...
>
> This is why I consider the "cost per hour", calculated by taking the cost
> of the item, divided by the amount of time you'll spend enjoying it. For
> example: If a movie ticket costs $9, and the average movie length is 90
> minutes, then you're paying about $6/hr.
>
> If a game costs $50 and you complete the game in about 15 hours, then
> you've paid about $3.30/hr.
>
> But if that game now costs $60, then your price goes up to $4/hr.
>
> Personally, I try to buy games at prices such at their cost/hr is $1 or
> less, with $2/hr being a hard maximum.
>
> Obviously this isn't a perfect system... I'm not about to play a horrible
> game for 100s of hours just because it was cheap. And at the same time, I
> recognize if that when I go to a concert of something, I'm paying much
> much more than what I'd pay to go see a movie. Still, it's an interesting
> measure.

Damn, you have it all worked out Doug. You're geekified!

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> In alt.games.video.xbox xTenn <xTennRemovePart@tds.net> wrote:
>
> > Yes, the N64 games did contain less information per dollar, which makes
the
> > newer multi-gig game disc at the same price an even better deal. But I
had
> > hoped prices would hover under the $50 range for a bit longer.
>
> I think his point was that carts require more material per copy, whereas
> it only costs pennies to press a DVD.

eggs-zackly

Velocity Girl wrote:

> You know most PS2 exclusives are $40 instead of $50 to $54 on Xbox.

List me a list, lister. And it doesn't change the fact most games are going
to be $60 in the next gen.

BTW, Microsoft doesn't set the prices for third party games. And they've
reduced royalty costs for X360 games, so if anything they should be cheaper.
Whether it's the high cost of making next-gen games or just developer greed
that's driving up the price is for you to decide.

-Z-

Jordan wrote:
> Chronicles of Riddick was exclusive the last time I looked.

Funny, own the PC version.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

> then we have some dumb bitch (you) that is probably 12 and is desperate
> for attention.

hahahaeehehehehewawawawahahahhaawawawahhahhahhahaha

U Funnee

>Why did you edit "bastards" and leave "damn" in tact?

I'm from England. Damn is not swearing, we have all been damned for years.
You can check this on pedantic DOT com

I really feel that we are missing the point here...
THE XBOX 360 WILL BE THE BEST CONSOLE EVER RELEASED, REGARDLESS HOW YOU FEEL
ABOUT MICRO$OFT.

Sony may/will match/exceed processing/graphics power in the future, but where
are the release dates for this machine.... oh that's right in that pipe
everyone is still dreaming in called BETA and Dev Kit only.

Work it out yourself.

"Tristan B via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
> >Why did you edit "bastards" and leave "damn" in tact?
>
> I'm from England. Damn is not swearing, we have all been damned for years.
> You can check this on pedantic DOT com

What do you brits call a fatherless child?

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Crimson Skies
> Halo

Both available on pc.

grolschie wrote:
> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>

>>Crimson Skies
>>Halo
>

> Both available on pc.

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge for Xbox and Crimson Skies for the
PC are not the same game.

Swi