I5 3570k temps and speed

So i just built a new gaming rig, the cpu is a i5-3570k with asrock z77 extreme4 and cm hyper 212 evo cpu cooler. Im using real temp right now and it says that my cpu is clocked at 3.6ghz although i don't remember oc'ing it ? Also I did not turn off the computer for the whole night since i was installing Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on it. I played 2 matches in LoL and logged in guild wars 2 for maybe 15 minutes checking things out. My current temps are 45c to 56c. It looks quite high but may it be because I did not turn off the computer for the whole night ?
9 answers Last reply
More about 3570k temps speed
  1. 56c for load is good. It goes to 3.6 when it's stressed/under a heavy load.
  2. Thats good to hear, i do plan on overclocking it however, whats the max safe temp or is there a sweet spot for the i5 3570k ?
  3. You don't want to go over 60c under load. 50's and 40's are great.
  4. With a 3570k, staying under 60C is easier said than done depending on your luck with individual chips.
  5. Hmm, my 3770K stays at 45 degrees C running Prime95 large FFT for an hour, stock frequency, Zalman 9900 cooler. And the Zalman is not as good as the hyper 212 - just looks a lot prettier :D..
  6. Games aren't that stressful on a 3570k. Until you run a torture test like prime95 for at least an hour, you aren't going to really know your peak temps at stock clocks. Games simply don't maintain a constant 100% load on all cores. Test the system out with prime to make sure you don't have cooling problems. It also gives you a place to start if you are going to OC.

45c under load fazers? I imagine you are undervolting? 55c @~20c ambient is a more typical load temp for stock clocks on a 3770k with a decent cooler.
  7. larkspur said:
    Games aren't that stressful on a 3570k. Until you run a torture test like prime95 for at least an hour, you aren't going to really know your peak temps at stock clocks. Games simply don't maintain a constant 100% load on all cores. Test the system out with prime to make sure you don't have cooling problems. It also gives you a place to start if you are going to OC.

45c under load fazers? I imagine you are undervolting? 55c @~20c ambient is a more typical load temp for stock clocks on a 3770k with a decent cooler.

No, I don't have anything different from default "balanced performance" BIOS settings on my Asus mobo, and I use the Asus AI Suite II temp sensor which is generally considered pretty accurate, closely matching the BIOS temps. Maybe I got a a lucky chip :). And I should add that ambient is 27 degrees C as I don't run the AC to cool that much, just remove the humidity.

I've checked Task Manager while running Prime95 and all the cores are loaded 100%, so its not a case of one or more cores being disabled.

Idle temp is 33 degrees C.

Of course, I do have a HAF 932 case with those gigantic fans on the side, top and front, but they spin under 500rpm for the most part, plus the case itself is mostly holes with some metal, like a screen door almost :P..
  8. fazers_on_stun said:
    No, I don't have anything different from default "balanced performance" BIOS settings on my Asus mobo, and I use the Asus AI Suite II temp sensor which is generally considered pretty accurate, closely matching the BIOS temps.

You do need to keep in mind that:
    1- temperature-sensing diodes in CPUs are non-calibrated so there may be a substantial offset and scaling factor discrepancy from chip to chip
    2- voltage readings are non-calibrated and may have significant offset and scaling discrepancy from motherboard to motherboard
    3- individual "identical" CPUs may have different VID curves
    4- the usual mileage-may-vary on a CPU-by-CPU basis for every other factor

There is no such thing as "accuracy" when using non-calibrated probes.
  9. ^ I suppose I could go buy a calibrated thermistor probe for my multimeter and then calculate a junction temp from the reading on the IHS and assumed heat transfer parameters of the SiO2 and passivation layers, and the infamous thermal compound bonding the top of the die to the bottom of the IHS...

Nah, I prefer thinking I got a magic chip! :D.

As I type this, AI Suite reports Vcore as 1.012 volts and CPU temp as 32 degrees C, idle.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i5