Closed Solved

Which 6870 or 560Ti? How to choose brand?

Hi,
I'm looking to build a computer for the first time.
Depending on the prices of cards, I will buy one in about 3 months.
However, I don't know how to choose which brand of graphics card. ..Asus, EVGA, MSI...
Prices for the 560Ti on newegg range from $200 to $280.
What's the difference? If warranties are the same, shouldn't they all be equal?
Thanks.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which 6870 560ti choose brand
  1. envy14tpe said:
    Hi,
    I'm looking to build a computer for the first time.
    Depending on the prices of cards, I will buy one in about 3 months.
    However, I don't know how to choose which brand of graphics card. ..Asus, EVGA, MSI...
    Prices for the 560Ti on newegg range from $200 to $280.
    What's the difference? If warranties are the same, shouldn't they all be equal?
    Thanks.

A lot of Gpu's are coming out in the next three months. I would comeback in three months and ask then if your still unsure.
  2. Best answer
    As previous posted said I wouldn't start shopping until you are ready to buy. As far as brands go Sapphire and Diamond are great for AMD cards and EVGA is a staple for Nvidia. If you do end up buying soon the 6870 is your best choice, although it has slightly lower performance compared to the 560ti, its also on average $60 cheaper atm.
  3. Let's say I wanted to buy a 6870 today, how do I choose the make?
    MSI, Gigabyte, XFX, Sapphire.... I don't understand why prices range so much.
    What specs do I need to look at? Or is it just reliability n warranty?
  4. Look at all of that as well as user reviews, specs usually don't differ that much. As stated before Sapphire and Diamond are long stading, reputable bands for AMD but that doesn't mean you can't get a good card from anyone else.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948
  5. Best answer selected by Envy14tpe.
  6. The price point of the 560 Ti is good for me. I can get the MSI Twin Frozr for $195. Great deal.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product