siavash1371

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
I have an asus u40sd with core i5 2430 & nvidia gt 520m I install both the driver from asus & nvidia but however a yellow thing is on my gt 520m in the device manager and the nvidia control panel not work in say
"you are not corrently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU"
what I must do ?
because nvidia gpu not work .

G

Did you make sure your graphics card is completely inserted in the pcie, agp, or pci slot?

braincruser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

thats a mobile graphic card.

try installing optimus drivers, usually they go in the whole driver package but i had problems previously with drivers installing partially. if the gpu is switchable manually, check in case it is switched off.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Seeing as how you are on a laptop, you don't need to be getting your drivers from anywhere other than ASUS. Go into the Device Manager and immediately roll back your 520m drivers or do a system restore. Then go to the ASUS site and install the most current drivers available for that particular make and model.

Once that is done, make sure that you are using your GPU and not the onboard solution. You can double check this in Device Manager.

Lastly, check your power management settings. Sometimes on laptops, you can accidentally have it set to not use the dedicated graphics to it's fullest or sometimes even at all to save power, even when plugged in.