Status
Not open for further replies.

eternal_sinner

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
hi guys,
how is this B970 cpu with intel HD graphics?
link: http://www.flipkart.com/hp-450-laptop-2nd-gen-pdc-2gb-320gb-dos/p/itmdcjhusntntbp2?pid=COMDCJHFH9HRKHHJ&ref=8109e749-9439-45df-8fa2-837baabe3103

Being launched this year only, what are its future aspects as it is already based on sandy bridge.
Can i upgrade the cpu to i3 or i5 later if i dont find the performance satisfactory?
Moreover on upgradation does the current HD graphics automatically upgrades to HD 3000?
Can we play some lesser graphics hungry latest games at very low resulutions(800x600) and low settings on it?
Can it play 720p and 1080p videos smoothly?
Do we notice considerable speed differences in day to day tasks of browsing, office applications etc between B970 and AMD A8 4500M? If yes by approximately how much?

Does running win xp on modern 64 bit machines hampers their performance noticeably?

thanks in advance.

Solution
There isn't much performance difference between the two, the Pentium is just abit better,not overly so.It won't do anything the AMD can't, but I guess it'll lag less in the browser.
If you upgrade the processor you gain the integrated graphics of the new processor.
It'll play HD video without problem. Yeah you can game on low,older titles easily. Very new ones you'd have to preserver lag,though dropping resolution that low would help.
XP will work fine,though it is old,some new games will have issues.

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
There isn't much performance difference between the two, the Pentium is just abit better,not overly so.It won't do anything the AMD can't, but I guess it'll lag less in the browser.
If you upgrade the processor you gain the integrated graphics of the new processor.
It'll play HD video without problem. Yeah you can game on low,older titles easily. Very new ones you'd have to preserver lag,though dropping resolution that low would help.
XP will work fine,though it is old,some new games will have issues.

Solution

eternal_sinner

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
but isn't the A8 APU 4500M lot better than B970? or is it so in only multithreaded environment. That being said, is pentium processor faster or almost equal to the A8 apu in single threaded performance?
It will be a huge benefit if it is so, as the B970 machines come almost 200$ cheaper in my neighborhood.

Moreover, is the B970 future proof for like 3 years or so? and later can i just upgrade the processor?
Also is the processor upgrade possibe on that HM70 based mobo?

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
The A8 does have the advantage in multithreading but the pentium beats it in everything else.
Processor upgrades would depend on the manufacturer, unless you'd be willing to open it up yourself. Find out from a service centre. Of the two,the Pentium is more future proof,since it can upgrade to an i7,that has no competition from amd.

eternal_sinner

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.