Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will this case fit my GPU

Last response: in Systems
May 18, 2012 2:58:35 PM

Hello Guys

Got all the parts lined up for my new build but looking at the graphics card I have chosen (gigabyte gtx670) and was wondering what size of case I would need for this card. From pictures and videos I've seen it looks huge and I'm not sure if the case I was looking at buying is big enough. If not what would you guys recomend on a budget of £50 to £80. Preferably from dabbs (since the rest of my parts are from there)

system spec
CPU i5 2500k
Mobo Asus P8Z77-V LX
PSU Corsair Memory 600W Builder Series CX V2 ATX
RAM 8Gb DDR3
GPU Nividia Gigabyte geforce gtx 670

potential case Zalman Z11 Plus High Performance Mid Tower Case

link
http://www.dabs.com/products/zalman-z11-plus-high-perfo...

If you guys have any better suggestions let me know

thanks in advance for any answers

More about : case fit gpu

a b B Homebuilt system
May 18, 2012 3:18:40 PM

I don't see there being a problem , the case is 525mm long and the average video card is 250mm to 300mm lond and the hdd rack is around 150mm so that leaves you roughly 75mm of space and if there is a front mounted fan that will take 25mm so it's looking like it should fit. It would be helpful to see inside the case to see which way the hdd bays are facing it may be a little tight but the case manufacturers usually do make the cases to have enough room for normal video cards. If you were trying to fit a GTX 690 then I would say no way but you can chech the measurements of the video card as they do usually list the dimensions.

11" x 5.4" x 1.7" , so the card is 280mm long and that gives you an extra 20mm form the 300mm I had allowed.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
May 18, 2012 3:37:15 PM

That's quite possible the ugliest case I've ever seen.

Why not pick something classy?
May 18, 2012 3:39:07 PM

care to make a suggestion I am open anything as long as it fits that card and is within £50-£80.

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
May 18, 2012 10:05:38 PM

I have a Zalman Z9+ , and it is a great case. There is a lot of room for cable management, and the supplied fans keep everything nice and cool, while running very quietly. The Z11 chassis looks the same as the Z9, with different sides, top and front bezel. On Newegg the description for both says Spacious Interior for Installing 290mm Card

You cant go wrong with either one. They are definately quality cases. As far as the Z11 being ugly..well thats an opinion, and you know what they say..Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. If you like it get it.
May 18, 2012 10:18:48 PM

Best answer selected by euansharp.
!