Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

restore

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 6:28:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Have a computer that will not restore from any restore point. This is like
the third time I needed to restore and it would not let me do it, what is
wrong.
home xp sp2

Thanks far all help in this matter.

More about : restore

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 1:44:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi

What, if any, error messages are you seeing?

One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
checkpoints:

Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
new SR checkpoint.

--


Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Rick and Deb" <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> wrote in message
news:o neP%23xS7EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Have a computer that will not restore from any restore point. This is like
> the third time I needed to restore and it would not let me do it, what is
> wrong.
> home xp sp2
>
> Thanks far all help in this matter.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 1:44:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Ok I did as you asked and now the restore works. If I have to restore and it
doesn't work is there a way of saving a restore point to desktop maybe and
then using it after resetting. Thanks for your help in this.

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%23EzuE7S7EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> What, if any, error messages are you seeing?
>
> One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
> turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
> checkpoints:
>
> Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore
> tab.
> Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
> that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on
> all
> drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have
> one
> new SR checkpoint.
>
> --
>
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
> "Rick and Deb" <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> wrote in message
> news:o neP%23xS7EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Have a computer that will not restore from any restore point. This is
>> like the third time I needed to restore and it would not let me do it,
>> what is wrong.
>> home xp sp2
>>
>> Thanks far all help in this matter.
>
>
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 7:35:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi

You can't save individual System Restore checkpoints. They are only
accessible via System Restore itself as they contain info. from various
locations on the hard disk/partition.

--


Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Rick and Deb" <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> wrote in message
news:uqMSUmV7EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Ok I did as you asked and now the restore works. If I have to restore and
> it doesn't work is there a way of saving a restore point to desktop maybe
> and then using it after resetting. Thanks for your help in this.
>
> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:%23EzuE7S7EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> What, if any, error messages are you seeing?
>>
>> One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
>> turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
>> checkpoints:
>>
>> Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore
>> tab.
>> Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
>> that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on
>> all
>> drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have
>> one
>> new SR checkpoint.
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>>
>> "Rick and Deb" <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> wrote in message
>> news:o neP%23xS7EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Have a computer that will not restore from any restore point. This is
>>> like the third time I needed to restore and it would not let me do it,
>>> what is wrong.
>>> home xp sp2
>>>
>>> Thanks far all help in this matter.
>>
>>
>
>
Related resources
!