restore

Have a computer that will not restore from any restore point. This is like
the third time I needed to restore and it would not let me do it, what is
wrong.
home xp sp2

Thanks far all help in this matter.
3 answers Last reply
More about restore

    Hi

    What, if any, error messages are you seeing?

    One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
    turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
    checkpoints:

    Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
    Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
    that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
    drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
    new SR checkpoint.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Rick and Deb" <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> wrote in message
    > Have a computer that will not restore from any restore point. This is like
    > the third time I needed to restore and it would not let me do it, what is
    > wrong.
    > home xp sp2
    >
    > Thanks far all help in this matter.

    Ok I did as you asked and now the restore works. If I have to restore and it
    doesn't work is there a way of saving a restore point to desktop maybe and
    then using it after resetting. Thanks for your help in this.

    > Hi
    >
    > What, if any, error messages are you seeing?
    >
    > One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
    > turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
    > checkpoints:
    >
    > Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore
    > tab.
    > Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
    > that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on
    > all
    > drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have
    > one
    > new SR checkpoint.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Rick and Deb" <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> wrote in message
    >> Have a computer that will not restore from any restore point. This is
    >> like the third time I needed to restore and it would not let me do it,
    >> what is wrong.
    >> home xp sp2
    >>
    >> Thanks far all help in this matter.

    Hi

    You can't save individual System Restore checkpoints. They are only
    accessible via System Restore itself as they contain info. from various
    locations on the hard disk/partition.