Sign in with
Your question

Buildt around P8Z77-V Pro mid range style

Last response: in Systems
May 18, 2012 7:58:45 PM

Hey guys :hello: 

I wanted to get the asus board because I can upgrade the other parts in the future easier and better in my eyes. Perhaps someone can enlighten me if it is reasonable or not!? Thats why I choose certain older parts instead of new ones.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Scan.co.uk/ cclonline.com / and strangly enough amazon has some pretty good prices

Parts Preferences: I rather go with intel than amd because at the moment they a bit ahead, but if someone comes up with an good argument I could reconsider ( price is the main issue here )

Overclocking: I am open for that if I can squeeze out more performance for less money :) 

SLI or Crossfire: Probably in the future

So here is my list so far:

Asus P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard :love: 

Intel i3-2120 3.30 Ghz

Zalman CNPS10X-PERFORMA High Performance

Zotac GTX 560Ti 1GB

Kingston HyperX Genesis 2 x 4 GB - DDR3 - 1600 MHz

Corsair CMPSU-600GUK

Everything inside the ZALMAN Z9 Plus PC tower!

At the moment the price stands around 1000$ ( £600 ) but I wouldn't mind to save some more.
So what do you think? I am not an expert so please be gentle with me :sol: 

Thanks for the help guys :) 
May 18, 2012 8:26:28 PM

good build, but what do you think about i5 3570k.
May 18, 2012 9:24:59 PM

xtreme5 said:
good build, but what do you think about i5 3570k.

Thanks for the response and yes, I have considered the IB's but because of the price at the moment I rather go with an old SB and upgrade the cpu in the future! It is definitly in my plane to go up, probably at the end of the year. At the moment I need to save some seriuos cash :D 
What could be replaced instead? better value for my hard earned coins :) 

Uh and I forgot that I wanted to use a 500gb baracuda HDD. Any other sugesstions?
May 18, 2012 10:35:28 PM

I was wondering does it matter if the HDD has 16 cache or less?
And also what about the RAM, does it matter how much mhz it runs? I am not sure why I choose the 1600 variant! would it matter if I go with 1333?
!