Need help choosing power supply

Hey people,

I'm just about to attemp my first pc build and need help choosing a suitable power supply,
Here is the list of components;

Case - Aerocool X-Predator
Motherboard - Asus P8Z77 Pro
CPU - Intel Core I5 3570k
GPU - Asus GTX 670 DirectCU II Top
RAM - Geil Black Dragon 1866MHz 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB)
SSD - Sandisk Extreme Sata 3 6GB/s
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB Sata 3 6GB/s
Disk Drive - Lg Blu-ray reader / DVD+R
Fan Controller - Aerocool Strike-X Panel
+ fans, ram cooling etc

Also I'd like to add a second GTX 670 in the near future as well as overlock the CPU and I'm hoping to find a capable PSU for no more than £100, a quiet fan is essential and would be a bonus if it is modular but not necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryan.
6 answers Last reply
More about need choosing power supply
  1. NZXT Hale90 650W (£93 @ Scan)
    http://skinflint.co.uk/557338
    Uses a 14cm, with noise rating of 16-18.5dBA.
  2. Thanks for your reply,
    But does this psu support z77 motherboard because forgive me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that z77 motherboards were atx v2.3 whereas the specs this are v2.2 and below,

Thanks.
  3. The Hale90 650W that Silvune linked is an excellent PSU and is compatible with your mobo. Another great option is the XFX Core650W for 28 less: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-xfx-pro-series-core-edition-p1-650s-ukb9-85-eff-80-plus-bronze-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-fan-atx-v2
  4. Brilliant thanks for clearing that up, a saving of £28 sounds good to me. I'll likely be ordering the XFX.

Thank you both very much for your help.

Ryan.
  5. The XFX ProSeries 650W Core Edition is quiet in idle, the fan spins at ~600RPM, but will get more noisy after about ~60% load.
  6. After more research and reviews I shall now be ordering the NZXT hale90 but the 750w version, I know this may be overkill but better safe than sorry because who knows what other additions I will make to the build in the future.

Thanks very much again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components