Radeon NON Gaming issues

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
My work PC has a 3400 series radeon on it so I can run 2 monitors, works really good except for some websites, for example apple's website after click on say the MAC button and it starts to scroll through the macs, it just becomes choppy, alot of websites like that I have problems with or if there is a smoke style overlay

becomes so bad that the PC becomes almost unusable - my old pc with lower specs running a IGP never had that problem.

Same thing with PDFs, if I have more than 1 window of them open, I get the exact same issue..

I have the most current CCC installed

Q8400 & 2GB ram

I had the issues even when running a single monitor on this system,,, I think it is some kind of AMD driver issue, but I really can't find the answer anywhere else.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Sorry it is Win XP, my work PC, I don't really have a say on what hardware I get,,,
using google chrome so outdated flash not an issue and i just rechecked adobe 9 is fully up to date.

my home PC blows this one out of the water but also runs nvidia and my inlaws PC is only a dual core with a 8500GT and it doesn't even have this issue.

Ok. Just because you use "google chrome" doesn't mean you have the latest flash.

Also Adobe reader is up to Reader X.

Here's the latest Java:

http://www.java.com/en/

Here's for the latest Flash;

http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/

(click on get adobe flash player near the bottom right)

If this is really a work PC - why don't you have your IT department look at it?

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
HAHA IT

almost everyone on thin clients now - they can't do half the stuff i do
I was pretty sure Java up to date, it is for sure now. (I may have to undo as some of our intranet has issues with Java if it has too many updates without uninstalling the old ones first)

Adobe is automatically updated with chrome,, it won't let me update

Network is locked down pretty good and I can't use adobe's web installer to install X

did a reboot and issue still there

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
You say that: "My work PC has a 3400 series radeon on it so I can run 2 monitors, works really good except for some websites.."
I'm not sure what your daily business is, but among most common office tasks, browsing and running flash etc is probably the most demanding on the graphic subsystem.
It sound like your computer wasn't always like that, able to run 2 monitors, it has a 3400 radeon to do so.
Is the graphics card an upgrade to the computer?
If so, have YOU made sure you have proper (and latest) gfx drivers installed?
Don't assume anyone (IT department) has done it!

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Big reason for 2 monitors is for spread sheet and email & intranet use all at same time

it is a new PC, built by lenovo came from factory like that, i have personally done up all the new drivers to try and make it work... I really have a feeling it's an AMD issue as I only seem to have problems like this on AMD cards,,,,
I only ran 1 monitor for a bit as they forgot to send me the displayport / dvi adapter, but when only running 1 monitor on the VGA port I still had the issues.

PDF's and webpage's embedded with flash are absolutely horrible in terms of how they are coded.

Not sure if you remember when PDF's first came out - but they could bring any powerful computer to their knees at the time. Flash is almost the same way - somewhat horribly coded - and for some strange reason requires quite a bit of power to run.