config utility

December 29, 2004 10:32:58 AM

msconfig

I want to edit /eliminate lines from the start up part of what is reported
in msconfig.
How do I do it?- Is there a utility that does?

More about : config utility

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 9:35:38 PM

Sysinternals Freeware - Utilities for Windows NT and Windows 2000 - Autoruns:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.sht...

Select the key/value that you want to edit and click "Jump to.." in the Entry menu

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"SNOAD" <snoad@aol.com> wrote in message news:b8adnZn4qKJ0Pk_cRVn-vg@comcast.com...
msconfig

I want to edit /eliminate lines from the start up part of what is reported
in msconfig.
How do I do it?- Is there a utility that does?
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 10:01:47 PM

Also, these are the only startup entry-points that MSConfig can manage:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
(In right-pane, Values named "Run" and "Load")

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Documents and Settings\{Username}\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!