config utility

msconfig

I want to edit /eliminate lines from the start up part of what is reported
in msconfig.
How do I do it?- Is there a utility that does?
2 answers Last reply
More about config utility

    Sysinternals Freeware - Utilities for Windows NT and Windows 2000 - Autoruns:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

    Select the key/value that you want to edit and click "Jump to.." in the Entry menu

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "SNOAD" <snoad@aol.com> wrote in message news:b8adnZn4qKJ0Pk_cRVn-vg@comcast.com...
    msconfig

    I want to edit /eliminate lines from the start up part of what is reported
    in msconfig.
    How do I do it?- Is there a utility that does?

    Also, these are the only startup entry-points that MSConfig can manage:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
    (In right-pane, Values named "Run" and "Load")

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    C:\Documents and Settings\{Username}\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User