GTX 460

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 16, 2012 7:50:21 PM

I bought an EVGA GTX 460 right before Christmas, its got 1 gig of 256 bit memory (which i read would boost performance) and it was running so well when i got it, now its been 3 months and it lags bad... and i cant figure out what to do! skyrim was the main reason i got it and when i first got it, I could run skyrim on ultra no problems fps would dip to 35 or so in a big city and minecraft which is the other game a play alot was running like 250 to 300 fps. now i have to run skyrim on high to obtain the fps i got on ultra and minecraft get 120 fps :/  I would really be glad if anyone could help me

Specs:
CPU: i5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz
Ram: 8 Gb 1333 Mhz
HDD: 500 Gb Seagate Barracuda
Mobo: EVGA p55 1156 socket
PSU: Corsair 650w
Gpu: EVGA GTX 460 SE 256-bit Memory

More about : gtx 460

a c 1432 U Graphics card
March 16, 2012 7:56:05 PM

Anything that happened like driver update that you can link the problem to.
m
l
a c 254 U Graphics card
March 16, 2012 8:19:26 PM

Are you using the current driver (296.10)? Sometimes the most current driver may not work and you have to go back to the one that did. If you have a game that is dropping down to 35 fps then you are having an issue and you should try giving the Evga tech support a call and see what they say. I will say that Evga is a very good company to deal with and they will warranty thier cards for a long time and they are very good about honoring that warranty.
m
l
Related resources
March 17, 2012 2:37:59 AM

rolli59 said:
Anything that happened like driver update that you can link the problem to.

ive got the latest drivers 296.10 i beleive is the number of the newest
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:41:19 AM

inzone said:
Are you using the current driver (296.10)? Sometimes the most current driver may not work and you have to go back to the one that did. If you have a game that is dropping down to 35 fps then you are having an issue and you should try giving the Evga tech support a call and see what they say. I will say that Evga is a very good company to deal with and they will warranty thier cards for a long time and they are very good about honoring that warranty.

I have rolled back my drivers to the ones that worked and it does the same thing, i got a new (used) p55 board from evga and i dont know if it could be the problem or not? but i will try the driver roll back again.
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:46:24 AM

and also I might add that on minecraft you can hit f3 and it shows a graph with your memory and it spikes.. ALOT now it used to run as smooth as butter and thats when i got the high fps... thought that might help a little more.
m
l
!