GTX 460

I bought an EVGA GTX 460 right before Christmas, its got 1 gig of 256 bit memory (which i read would boost performance) and it was running so well when i got it, now its been 3 months and it lags bad... and i cant figure out what to do! skyrim was the main reason i got it and when i first got it, I could run skyrim on ultra no problems fps would dip to 35 or so in a big city and minecraft which is the other game a play alot was running like 250 to 300 fps. now i have to run skyrim on high to obtain the fps i got on ultra and minecraft get 120 fps :/ I would really be glad if anyone could help me

Specs:
CPU: i5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz
Ram: 8 Gb 1333 Mhz
HDD: 500 Gb Seagate Barracuda
Mobo: EVGA p55 1156 socket
PSU: Corsair 650w
Gpu: EVGA GTX 460 SE 256-bit Memory
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Anything that happened like driver update that you can link the problem to.
  2. Are you using the current driver (296.10)? Sometimes the most current driver may not work and you have to go back to the one that did. If you have a game that is dropping down to 35 fps then you are having an issue and you should try giving the Evga tech support a call and see what they say. I will say that Evga is a very good company to deal with and they will warranty thier cards for a long time and they are very good about honoring that warranty.
  3. rolli59 said:
    Anything that happened like driver update that you can link the problem to.

ive got the latest drivers 296.10 i beleive is the number of the newest
  4. inzone said:
    Are you using the current driver (296.10)? Sometimes the most current driver may not work and you have to go back to the one that did. If you have a game that is dropping down to 35 fps then you are having an issue and you should try giving the Evga tech support a call and see what they say. I will say that Evga is a very good company to deal with and they will warranty thier cards for a long time and they are very good about honoring that warranty.

I have rolled back my drivers to the ones that worked and it does the same thing, i got a new (used) p55 board from evga and i dont know if it could be the problem or not? but i will try the driver roll back again.
  5. and also I might add that on minecraft you can hit f3 and it shows a graph with your memory and it spikes.. ALOT now it used to run as smooth as butter and thats when i got the high fps... thought that might help a little more.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx FPS Graphics