What drive letters are shown on desktop...

Karen

There is some place on the computer where you can use little check boxes to
tell what drive letters you want to appear when open "my computer" but for
the life of me I cannot find it! Anyone know how to get to this dialogue?
I have an external hard drive that I cannot get to appear because it is
using the drive "L" which I have not checked to appear. Help please!

Thanks,
Karen

Tweakui allows you to check/uncheck drives in My computer. It is downloadable
from Microsoft. If you have it installed, it should be in control panel, or
type tweakui and the run command.

Jeff S
out1649@hotmail.com

"Karen" wrote:

> There is some place on the computer where you can use little check boxes to
> tell what drive letters you want to appear when open "my computer" but for
> the life of me I cannot find it! Anyone know how to get to this dialogue?
> I have an external hard drive that I cannot get to appear because it is
> using the drive "L" which I have not checked to appear. Help please!
>
> Thanks,
> Karen

Right click My Computer, Manage, Disk Management.
You can assign a letter there and format it if required.

"Karen" <woolie1@nocomcast.net> wrote in message
> There is some place on the computer where you can use little check boxes
> to tell what drive letters you want to appear when open "my computer" but
> for the life of me I cannot find it! Anyone know how to get to this
> dialogue? I have an external hard drive that I cannot get to appear
> because it is using the drive "L" which I have not checked to appear.
> Help please!
>
> Thanks,
> Karen

Karen

Thanks guys for the quick response. I used to have Tweak on the computer
and will download it again and give it a shot.