Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel Core i5 3570k temps

Last response: in CPUs
September 7, 2012 12:55:23 AM

Hello,

So I am running an Intel Core i5 3570k (at stock speeds)
Installed the stock heatsink.

Using a temp reading tool (RealTemp) is telling me that, at IDLE, any of the given 4 cores are running between 26-36 degrees Celsius.

On load, however, it seems to go off the charts. Playing Guild Wars 2 (on high/ultra settings, I might add, but anyway) brings the average temps up to 70 degrees. Reached Close to 80 during some intense action.

My case currently is quite big and not cluttered, has 2 x 200m fans.

Should i be worried about the temperature of the CPU?

I can't seem to find the acceptable/safe maximum temperature threshold for my CPU anywhere!

If i need to change heatsink, will this work: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683...

Thanks in advance for the help!

More about : intel core 3570k temps

September 7, 2012 12:58:46 AM

Yeah that would be your stock heatsink. Although 70's at full load (although GW2 doesn't bring this CPU to full load, I have both the CPU and the game) aren't actually a problem, I would still recommend buying the Hyper 212 just to take good care of your CPU.
m
l

Best solution

a c 109 à CPUs
September 7, 2012 12:58:48 AM

That's extremely hot for a stock CPU....stock cooler should yield temperatures around 20C cooler...can you make sure it's mounted properly? There's a great guide on the Intel Stock CPU cooler on this forum :) 

However, yes, that cooler will significantly reduce temps and will help improve your temperatures.
Related resources
September 7, 2012 1:04:02 AM

Perhaps it's not installed properly. I did think it was funny to get such high temps with the CPU not even overclocked. Can you point me to the guide?
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2012 1:15:19 AM

As others have said, it's extremely likely that the HSF didn't get seated as well as it could have been. In addition to a reseat, you can tweak the core voltage in your BIOS to lower temps. Automatic settings in your BIOS will always run high.
m
l
September 7, 2012 1:20:40 AM

I dont think ill bother fiddling with it now since I will buy the Cooler Master 212 +, so i'll worry about installing that one when it arrives. That'll be fun.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2012 1:31:18 AM

^Great choice!
m
l
September 7, 2012 3:46:05 PM

Best answer selected by lem66ieux.
m
l
!