Gtx 560ti or Gtx 560ti 448 core price dilemma!

So I'm scouring the market for a new video card and there are a lot of sales going on at this moment, probably due to the release of the new radeon cards and the imminent release of the kepler gpu cards from nVidia.
My question is, how much of a price gap should there be, at most, between the regular ti vs the 448 core to justify the purchase of the more powerful card?
31 answers Last reply
More about 560ti 560ti core price dilemma
  1. 448 core is the best "Bang for buck, closest to 580 without paying for 580" as your gonna get
  2. With the 448 core card you are getting almost the performance of a GTX 570 for the price closer to a 560Ti. So instead of a large price gap you now have a small one that is even smaller if there is a rebate or sale. So any sale or rebate at this point makes it worth it.
  3. IMHO the 448 is not worth it, at least if you consider going with sli later on.
  4. the 448 will only be available for a "short" period of time. Like amuffin said, if you have an inkling of adding a second for sli, go with the 560 ti so you can be sure you can get your hands on one in the future.
  5. Radeon 7850 is better than 448 enough said @ $250 LOl
  6. The 560ti 448 is almost exactly in the middle of the 560ti and 570 in terms of performance, so that's where it should be in terms of price as well. Currently with the crazy deals on the 570, you'd be better off going for a full up 570 for $10-20 more, or getting the 560ti for $50-60 less.

    Get the $570 for $250:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162075

    Or the 560ti for $200:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127616
    (there are a few cheaper models - even one for $165 - but they don't have the best reveiws; could be a great deal or a trap)

    Avoid the 560ti 448 right now, unless it drops to under $230.

    Just my thoughts anyways.
  7. BigMack70 said:
    The 560ti 448 is almost exactly in the middle of the 560ti and 570 in terms of performance, so that's where it should be in terms of price as well. Currently with the crazy deals on the 570, you'd be better off going for a full up 570 for $10-20 more, or getting the 560ti for $50-60 less.

    Get the $570 for $250:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162075

    Or the 560ti for $200:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127616
    (there are a few cheaper models - even one for $165 - but they don't have the best reveiws; could be a great deal or a trap)

    Avoid the 560ti 448 right now, unless it drops to under $230.

    Just my thoughts anyways.

    Um Galaxy I not so sure about that brand thats most likely why they have it on a steep discount LOL.
  8. ^ Yeah but the card has decent reviews and has manufacturer responses which is always a good sign. Galaxy is fairly well known - it's not like these "Sparkle" or ECS branded cards that have started showing up. There's an EVGA for $20 more anyways if you want to be safe, though the 570 isn't as good a deal at the $270 price point.
  9. BigMack70 said:
    ^ Yeah but the card has decent reviews and has manufacturer responses which is always a good sign. Galaxy is fairly well known - it's not like these "Sparkle" or ECS branded cards that have started showing up. There's an EVGA for $20 more anyways if you want to be safe, though the 570 isn't as good a deal at the $270 price point.

    GTX 570 had it's run and it was solid but I am going to have to say the 7850 is worth $250 for GTX 570 class performance @ half the power draw and 28nm process for mad OCing it's just to much to pass off IMO. Plus 1GHZ OC on the core is Winning
  10. Rockdpm said:
    448 core is the best "Bang for buck,


    yeah!

    Quote:
    closest to 580 without paying for 580" as your gonna get


    no!closest to 580-5970,480,570,6970.but with a good overclock(it's a good overclocker)it can touch stock 580 scores.
  11. I would really reccomend a 7850 , mostly because the way this cards perform with DX 11 is absolutely awesome. And face it, most games from here on in will be DX 11. Now if it's a DX 10 or 9 game, then yeah, it only slightly or identical to a 560ti.
  12. ismaeljrp said:
    I would really reccomend a 7850 , mostly because the way this cards perform with DX 11 is absolutely awesome. And face it, most games from here on in will be DX 11. Now if it's a DX 10 or 9 game, then yeah, it only slightly or identical to a 560ti.

    and a 1GHZ OCed 7870 matched the performance of it's bigger brother the 7870 which we all know matched the performance of a GTX 580 so ... IMO it's the same as yours 7850 FTW
  13. The cards haven't even come out yet.
  14. Gman450 said:


    So if it were you which card would you get? I'm canadian and right now I can get the 448 for that price ($285, after taxes and rebates). However at the same time the normal gtx560ti is only $220 so I'm having a hard time choosing which one is the better bang for my buck :(
  15. nubsauce101 said:
    So if it were you which card would you get? I'm canadian and right now I can get the 448 for that price ($285, after taxes and rebates). However at the same time the normal gtx560ti is only $220 so I'm having a hard time choosing which one is the better bang for my buck :(


    What is the price on a 570 for you? The 560ti 448 is almost exactly in the middle of the two performance wise. So, the 448 is a good deal if it is at the halfway mark or less price-wise between the two cards.

    So, let's say for the sake of example that the 560ti costs $200 and 570 $300. In that case, anything at $250 or less for the 560ti 448 is a good deal and you should buy that. Above $250, it is not a good deal and you should either get the 560ti or the 570.

    Make sense?
  16. BigMack70 said:
    What is the price on a 570 for you? The 560ti 448 is almost exactly in the middle of the two performance wise. So, the 448 is a good deal if it is at the halfway mark or less price-wise between the two cards.

    So, let's say for the sake of example that the 560ti costs $200 and 570 $300. In that case, anything at $250 or less for the 560ti 448 is a good deal and you should buy that. Above $250, it is not a good deal and you should either get the 560ti or the 570.

    Make sense?


    Ahhh I see. There's a galaxy gtx 570 that's the same price as the 448 core, but it's galaxy :na:
    But I'll what you said in mind cause those are some pretty solid guidelines, thanks!
  17. amuffin said:
    The cards haven't even come out yet.

    Nice try but they have already been tested and reviewed you guys act like they are going to change or something in days time LOL
  18. nubsauce101 said:
    So if it were you which card would you get? I'm canadian and right now I can get the 448 for that price ($285, after taxes and rebates). However at the same time the normal gtx560ti is only $220 so I'm having a hard time choosing which one is the better bang for my buck :(

    7850 is a more powerful option for $250 and it beast out the 448
  19. Demon slayer said:
    7850 is a more powerful option for $250 and it beast out the 448


    Actually it's right in the middle of performance between a 560ti and a 570, so no... it won't "beast out" the 448. It's about on par with the 448... it may even be slightly slower. Please check your facts.
  20. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130621
    EVGA 012-P3-1571-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    $309.99 and a $10 rebate

    This card from Evga comes with a lifetime limited warranty which you can't find from any other card maker and in my opinion is woth a lot. To be able at any time that something goes wrong with the card to be able to RMA it and not have any hassels is woth it. I have done RMA's with Evga several years after purchase and had the card replaced no problem. Evga also has the step up program where for up to 90 days after purchase if you want to step up to a better model you can just by paying the difference. With the new release of Kepler just a few days away you can certianly take advantage of that a couple of months down the road. So while thier cards are just a little more expensive you do get some benefits from them.
  21. I like the Hawk 560ti's :)
  22. BigMack70 said:
    Actually it's right in the middle of performance between a 560ti and a 570, so no... it won't "beast out" the 448. It's about on par with the 448... it may even be slightly slower. Please check your facts.








    In actuality the 7850 is behaving more like the GTX 570 across many games and the 7870 is performing like the 580 in most games.
  23. Thanks for all the advice guys. I went ahead and purchased the Galaxy GTX 570 because it was the same price as a Zotac or EVGA ti 448 and also because I have limited space in my case and this is one of the few 570s that will fit :na:
  24. nubsauce101 said:
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I went ahead and purchased the Galaxy GTX 570 because it was the same price as a Zotac or EVGA ti 448 and also because I have limited space in my case and this is one of the few 570s that will fit :na:

    Well sorry for your luck on you purchase of the 570 LOL but have fun ;-)
  25. ^well done 570 is one hell of a good gpu!
  26. hellfire24 said:
    ^well done 570 is one hell of a good gpu!

    The GTX 570 Was good when there were no better options around but there are better options now.
  27. i am not saying it's best in class but still good enough.
  28. nubsauce101 said:
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I went ahead and purchased the Galaxy GTX 570 because it was the same price as a Zotac or EVGA ti 448 and also because I have limited space in my case and this is one of the few 570s that will fit :na:


    Contrary to AMD fanboy Demon Slayer, you made a good choice - best GPU available for $250 performance-wise :)
  29. hellfire24 said:
    i am not saying it's best in class but still good enough.

    Just sayin more people would enjoy getting more for there money.
  30. ^that's obvious!
  31. BigMack70 said:
    Contrary to AMD fanboy Demon Slayer, you made a good choice - best GPU available for $250 performance-wise :)

    Well the only Nvidia I recommend today is the GTX 460 1 GB and I have nvidia in my Box right now so not fanboy just a realist hoping kelper will bring down some decent Price/Performance to market instead of the usual Nvidia formula a bit more Performance for the highest pricing and lowest efficiency.
  32. If bang for the buck is going to be measured by cost per frame .... the clear winners are highlighted in bold

    Guru3D uses the following games in their test suite, COD-MW, Bad Company 2, Dirt 2, Far Cry 2, Metro 2033, Dawn of Discovery, Crysis Warhead. Total fps (summing fps in each game @ 1920 x 1200) for the various options in parenthesis (single card / SL or CF) are tabulated below along with their cost in dollars per frame single card - CF or SLI:

    Under $200 - 6870 in single card config and GTX 460 in SLI

    $ 125.00 460-768 MB (314/592) $ 0.40 - $ 0.42
    $ 140.00 6850 (371/634) $ 0.38 - $ 0.44
    $ 160.00 6870 (434/701) $ 0.37 - $ 0.46

    Under $300 - 900 Mhz 560 Ti

    $ 220.00 6950 (479/751) $ 0.46 - $ 0.59
    $ 240.00 6950 Frozr OC (484/759) $ 0.50 - $ 0.63
    $ 205.00 560 Ti (455/792) $ 0.45 - $ 0.52
    $ 210.00 560 Ti - 900 Mhz (495/862) $ 0.42 - $ 0.49
    $ 270.00 560-448 (501/835) $ 0.54 - $ 0.65

    Under $400 - Tie between 6970 and 570 (w/ slight edge to 570 iN SLI) However, two 6870's substantially beat both cards for the same $320.

    $ 320.00 6970 (526/825) $ 0.61 - $ 0.78
    $ 320.00 570 (524/873) $ 0.61 - $ 0.73

    Under $400 - 580 at at glance but two 560's However, two 900 Mhz 560's substantially beat both cards in single configuration by 40% and for less money

    $ 450.00 580 (616/953) $ 0.73 - $ 0.94
    $ 480.00 7950 (603/NG*) $ 0.80 - ERR

    Over $500 .... no competition at least for a week but again two 900 Mhz 560's substantially beat this card in single configuration by ..28% for a lot less money

    $ 560.00 7970 (675/NG*) $ 0.83 - ERR

    * Did not complete number of games in test in CF.

    As far as the 570 is concerned make sure it's not a reference design and pick one with 8 phases or more on the VRM.

    http://www.overclock.net/t/929152/have-you-killed-a-570-no-recent-deaths-buy-some-570s/550
  33. JackNaylorPE said:
    If bang for the buck is going to be measured by cost per frame .... the clear winners are highlighted in bold

    Guru3D uses the following games in their test suite, COD-MW, Bad Company 2, Dirt 2, Far Cry 2, Metro 2033, Dawn of Discovery, Crysis Warhead. Total fps (summing fps in each game @ 1920 x 1200) for the various options in parenthesis (single card / SL or CF) are tabulated below along with their cost in dollars per frame single card - CF or SLI:

    Under $200 - 6870 in single card config and GTX 460 in SLI

    $ 125.00 460-768 MB (314/592) $ 0.40 - $ 0.42
    $ 140.00 6850 (371/634) $ 0.38 - $ 0.44
    $ 160.00 6870 (434/701) $ 0.37 - $ 0.46

    Under $300 - 900 Mhz 560 Ti

    $ 220.00 6950 (479/751) $ 0.46 - $ 0.59
    $ 240.00 6950 Frozr OC (484/759) $ 0.50 - $ 0.63
    $ 205.00 560 Ti (455/792) $ 0.45 - $ 0.52
    $ 210.00 560 Ti - 900 Mhz (495/862) $ 0.42 - $ 0.49
    $ 270.00 560-448 (501/835) $ 0.54 - $ 0.65

    Under $400 - Tie between 6970 and 570 (w/ slight edge to 570 iN SLI) However, two 6870's substantially beat both cards for the same $320.

    $ 320.00 6970 (526/825) $ 0.61 - $ 0.78
    $ 320.00 570 (524/873) $ 0.61 - $ 0.73

    Under $400 - 580 at at glance but two 560's However, two 900 Mhz 560's substantially beat both cards in single configuration by 40% less money

    $ 450.00 580 (616/953) $ 0.73 - $ 0.94
    $ 480.00 7950 (603/NG*) $ 0.80 - ERR

    Over $500 .... no competition at least for a week but again two 900 Mhz 560's substantially beat this card in single configuration by ..28% for a lot less money

    $ 560.00 7970 (675/NG*) $ 0.83 - ERR

    * Did not complete number of games in test in CF.

    As far as the 570 is concerned make sure it's not a reference design and pick one with 8 phases or more on the VRM.

    http://www.overclock.net/t/929152/have-you-killed-a-570-no-recent-deaths-buy-some-570s/550


    your prices on all the 5xx fermi cards are old/too high just fyi
  34. Funny how you guys never mention the games performance you just mention cost per frame so in that I suppose even and laptop could be considered a better value when playing mine Craft get some real benchmarks man in other words.
  35. ^so do you take a look at minecraft benchmarks before purchasing?LOL
  36. JackNaylorPE said:


    As far as the 570 is concerned make sure it's not a reference design and pick one with 8 phases or more on the VRM.

    http://www.overclock.net/t/929152/have-you-killed-a-570-no-recent-deaths-buy-some-570s/550


    The Galaxy GTX 570 has a 9 inch PCB with the connectors facing forwards rather than at 90 degrees to the PCB. So in theory I should have no problems :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Core Graphics Product