Card Problems

Jadg5150

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, recently while starting up games, after loading some of the scenery is blue and soon after the game freezes, on occasion it will come back and still have great fps but constant freezing/ lagging. Is this a video card problem or could i be a bad power supply not producing enough power? my specs are, Evga GTS 450, 8gs of ram, phenom 2 quad, biostar A880G+ mobo, and a coolermaster elete 460W power supply

could be, i mean your 12v rails (you have 2) are 18A, but the card recommends a 22amp? i think. I have a GTS 450 in the old rig so ill have to double check but. I know the power supply its running off of has 4 12v rails of 18A. kinda pushing that power supply in your case as far as everything goes. The GPU recommends a 450 i think. 460watt doesnt leave alot of head room. But other than that everything else can run off of that power supply. Bottom line: Don't skimp out on a power supply, because its what keeps your computers heart beating

G

i think i see the problem.

Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W Power Supply Review
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Elite-Power-460-W-Power-Supply-Review/1005/9
"Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W is simply an Elite Power 400 W with a new label. The two units are absolutely the same (the only component that was upgraded was the rectifying bride, but this change didn’t make any difference in performance). This is simply unbelievable. "

Jadg5150

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
alright thanks, im going to pick up a higher W power supply then and see how it runs, also i ran multiple bench marking programs on my video card all ran fine, but can a bench marking program really tell you if your video cards stable or not?