Normally I don't put too much weight into Newegg Feedback, but this one from August 11th is a bit telling

Cons: this board needs to be updated the bios is old you can't update if you have a fx cpu you will have to buy another cpu just to update the bios they don't tell you that and the people in the reviews don't tell you don't waste your money buy another brand don't buy asus i had to buy another board for my fx 4100 go with gigabyte

Manufacturer Response:

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the issue you had with the motherboard.

AMD FX 4100 CPU require at least BIOS 0402 to support it. If you don't have another CPU to update BIOS, you can bring the motherboard to a local computer shop and pay a small fee to have them flash an updated BIOS, RMA the motherboard to our service center for BIOS update, or purchase an updated BIOS chip from our eStore (http://estore.asus.com).

Regards,
Benson
Asus Customer Loyalty

You might get lucky and get a board with a current BIOS, but that was from less than a month ago, so it's hard to say for sure that you will.

Besides that, yes, it'll work (although I would go with at least a 970/990 chipset board, personally, unless you absolutely need onboard graphics). Decent 970 boards aren't that much more than that Asus board.