MSI Twin Frozr III GTX 570 detects my LCD screen as analog - no output

CalifLove

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Hello everyone,

Very strange problem I am seekign help with.

I have the MSI GTX 570 card and recently I have found that I can no longer extend desktop across 2 monitors.

I am not sure when it stopped working but it has been a while now and I haven't had time to deal with it until now.

My original setup before I started troubleshooting was this -

1 Samsung PX2370 as my main monitor connected DVI running 1080p
1 Samsung Series 4 40" LCD monitor connected DVI to HDMI running 720p

I would often extend the desktop to the larger monitor for watching movies and such from my computer.

I currently am running Geforce 285.62 drivers, though I tried running the version prior to no avail.

Here is the funny part - I can swap DVI outputs on the card and my large screen works with no other changes so that leads me to believe the 2nd output on the card is dead. I am not sure of any other way to test this though, any ideas? The other funny thign is when I plug in another monitor (LCD) into that supposed bad DVI output, it shows up as an Analog monitor in the Nvidia control panel, but I still get no output no matter the resolution I try.

Any ideas on anything else to try?

Thanks for any and all help/thought into this...driving me crazy!

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Its late so im not 100% sure I 100% under stand so ill say this try rolling back your drivers to the earlier drive set you can find or better yet use the CD they give you if you still have it. Can you clear some thing up btw you'r old set up was a DVI and a HDMI port being used is there a reason you didnt have the 40'' connected directly to the dvi port on the card? Also that monitor has a HDMI input why not go HDMI to HDMI?

CalifLove

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006

My monitor has 3 HDMI ports, no DVI. I dont have a mini HDMI to regular HDMI cable so im stuck with DVI to HDMI for it. I've tried the last 3 versions of the geforce drivers, no luck....strange!