How do I force classic view for all users?

December 29, 2004 1:53:13 PM

I want to have all users forced to use the classic view or windows classic
mode, how can I do that so they have that automatically and not having to
have them go back to each workstation and reset the view settings? Thanks.
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 3:57:35 AM

Hi,

If you are running Windows XP Professional, type GPEDIT.MSC at Start/Run and navigate to User
Configuration>Administrative templates>Control panel>Display>Desktop theme and on the right hand
pane, double click on "Load a specific visual style..." and select enabled and OK your way out. This
will enforce the windows classic theme.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User