Sortware tests for new build?

moogledude

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hello,

I just built my first computer today with the help of these forums and youtube videos. Its running with no problems and I've updated the drivers for my mobo and video crad. My question is do I have to run testing software now to make sure everthing is running the way its suppose to. I did not OC my CPU even though I want to because I bought an after market CPU cooler. Also I did not set up my SSD in AHCI I have it in IDE does it really make that much of a difference it seems pretty fast to me. Also my ram is reading at 1333mhz instead of 1600 like its suppose and I know IB supports 1600. Anyways and feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks and this site kicks a$$ its been super helpfull

Solution
Above 1333, sometimes you have to set your ram manually in BIOS, set the spec timings and voltage along with the speed - save and exit, you should be at 1600 then.
If you haven't overclocked anything on your system, stressing your computer isn't at all needed. If you're worried you didn't install the aftermarket heatsink properly, a good program to monitor temps is Coretemp (suggested to have if you're going to OC) available for free here (along with a few other temp monitoring programs)
http://www.softpedia.com/hubs/Temperature-Monitors
good luck
Above 1333, sometimes you have to set your ram manually in BIOS, set the spec timings and voltage along with the speed - save and exit, you should be at 1600 then.
If you haven't overclocked anything on your system, stressing your computer isn't at all needed. If you're worried you didn't install the aftermarket heatsink properly, a good program to monitor temps is Coretemp (suggested to have if you're going to OC) available for free here (along with a few other temp monitoring programs)
http://www.softpedia.com/hubs/Temperature-Monitors
good luck

Solution

moogledude

Honorable
May 19, 2012

MOBO: BIOSTAR TZ77XE3
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2X1600C7R
CPU: I5 3570k

moogledude

Honorable
May 19, 2012

I'm a noob when it comes to using the BIOS, unfortunately I coudn't find a youtube video in english with someone explaining the biostar BIOS, but anyways in order to change my RAM setting do I change the settings from SPD to XMP? Setting the timings and Voltage seems complicated?