XboxLive newbie question

Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and getting
message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
suggestions?

Thank you,
Greg
13 answers Last reply
More about xboxlive newbie question

    "Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
    > individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and getting
    > message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Greg

    To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of your
    hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    without a second high speed account.

    "JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
    > "Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
    >> individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and
    >> getting
    >> message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
    >> suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> Greg
    >
    > To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of your
    > hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    > without a second high speed account.

    There would be so much lag that it wouldn't be fun for you. Does anyone
    have any info on that Verizon fiberoptic line and when that will be
    marketed? I hate lagging during NCAA everytime my wife uploads photos. I
    wonder how much companies charge for a 2nd account. There should be a
    discount.

    Greg wrote:
    > Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
    > individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and getting
    > message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Greg

    you need another IP or a router. I would opt for the router, as cheap as
    they are these days.

    JoblessDave wrote:
    > "Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
    >>individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and getting
    >>message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
    >>suggestions?
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>Greg
    >

    > To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of your
    > hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    > without a second high speed account.

    Isn't Live doable with 128k, according to MS? If so, 256Kb up might do
    (with some occasional stuttering and lag) but 512kb should work fine.

    Mattinglyfan wrote:
    > "JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
    >>>individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and
    >>>getting
    >>>message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
    >>>suggestions?
    >>>
    >>>Thank you,
    >>>Greg
    >>
    >>To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of your
    >>hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    >>without a second high speed account.
    >>

    > There would be so much lag that it wouldn't be fun for you. Does anyone
    > have any info on that Verizon fiberoptic line and when that will be
    > marketed? I hate lagging during NCAA everytime my wife uploads photos. I
    > wonder how much companies charge for a 2nd account. There should be a
    > discount.

    It's being marketed now, just as fast as they can lay it on the local
    loop (and get past the regulatory hurdles), which is apparently a
    loooonnnggg time.

    I know they are implementing it in select areas, try your number here:

    http://www22.verizon.com/FiosForHome/channels/Fios/HighSpeedInternetForHome.asp

    Expect that to blossom significantly late this year or early next if
    they and SBCGlboal start mareketing IPTV. I thought they were going to
    do a joint thing but it looks like Verizon has something up their
    sleeves with this FIOS TV. How fast is your up speed? What you could do
    is bust a little bit of QoS with regard to your xbox packets getting a
    little more precedence then wifey's photos. As in, cap here upload limit
    to the remainder of your up speed that isn't necessary for live (maybe
    anything above 150kbps or so. Try a program called bandwidth meter. I'm
    sure there are freeware apps out there but this is the only one I know,
    off the top of my head. I use it to monitor how much I download/upload
    each month.

    "babanoosh" <snoopdizzel@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
    > Mattinglyfan wrote:
    >> "JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message

    >>>To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of your
    >>>hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    >>>without a second high speed account.
    >>>

    >> There would be so much lag that it wouldn't be fun for you. Does anyone
    >> have any info on that Verizon fiberoptic line and when that will be
    >> marketed? I hate lagging during NCAA everytime my wife uploads photos.
    >> I wonder how much companies charge for a 2nd account. There should be a
    >> discount.
    > It's being marketed now, just as fast as they can lay it on the local loop
    > (and get past the regulatory hurdles), which is apparently a loooonnnggg
    > time.
    >
    > I know they are implementing it in select areas, try your number here:
    >
    > http://www22.verizon.com/FiosForHome/channels/Fios/HighSpeedInternetForHome.asp
    >
    > Expect that to blossom significantly late this year or early next if they
    > and SBCGlboal start mareketing IPTV. I thought they were going to do a
    > joint thing but it looks like Verizon has something up their sleeves with
    > this FIOS TV. How fast is your up speed? What you could do is bust a
    > little bit of QoS with regard to your xbox packets getting a little more
    > precedence then wifey's photos. As in, cap here upload limit to the
    > remainder of your up speed that isn't necessary for live (maybe anything
    > above 150kbps or so. Try a program called bandwidth meter. I'm sure there
    > are freeware apps out there but this is the only one I know, off the top
    > of my head. I use it to monitor how much I download/upload each month.

    Thanks, I will try that for sure.

    In article <wuqdnXBaK83ATm_fRVn-1A@comcast.com>, nyyankees@comcast.net
    says...

    > "JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
    > > "Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
    > >> individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and
    > >> getting
    > >> message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
    > >> suggestions?
    > >>
    > >> Thank you,
    > >> Greg
    > >
    > > To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of your
    > > hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    > > without a second high speed account.
    > >

    > There would be so much lag that it wouldn't be fun for you. Does anyone
    > have any info on that Verizon fiberoptic line and when that will be
    > marketed? I hate lagging during NCAA everytime my wife uploads photos. I
    > wonder how much companies charge for a 2nd account. There should be a
    > discount.

    Uploading photos you say... ;-)
    --

    If you feel you can't go on,
    Call Someone Now

    "Bikini Whacks" <Don'tThinkSo@aol.com> wrote in message
    > In article <wuqdnXBaK83ATm_fRVn-1A@comcast.com>, nyyankees@comcast.net
    > says...
    >>
    >> "JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
    >> > "Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message

    >> > To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of
    >> > your
    >> > hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    >> > without a second high speed account.
    >> >

    >> There would be so much lag that it wouldn't be fun for you. Does anyone
    >> have any info on that Verizon fiberoptic line and when that will be
    >> marketed? I hate lagging during NCAA everytime my wife uploads photos.
    >> wonder how much companies charge for a 2nd account. There should be a
    >> discount.
    >>

    > Uploading photos you say... ;-)

    Of our fully clothed kids and vacation.
    > --
    >

    > If you feel you can't go on,
    > Call Someone Now
    > http://tinyurl.com/8duvg

    "Bikini Whacks" <Don'tThinkSo@aol.com> wrote in message
    > In article <wuqdnXBaK83ATm_fRVn-1A@comcast.com>, nyyankees@comcast.net
    > says...
    >>
    >> "JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
    >> > "Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message

    >> > To play both Xbox on Live you'll at least need a router in place of
    >> > your
    >> > hub. I would think if your connection isn't good enough it won't work
    >> > without a second high speed account.
    >> >

    >> There would be so much lag that it wouldn't be fun for you. Does anyone
    >> have any info on that Verizon fiberoptic line and when that will be
    >> marketed? I hate lagging during NCAA everytime my wife uploads photos.
    >> wonder how much companies charge for a 2nd account. There should be a
    >> discount.
    >>

    > Uploading photos you say... ;-)

    Candid photos? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

    In article <WoadnWrMRJIuH27fRVn-jw@comcast.com>, nyyankees@comcast.net
    says...

    > "Bikini Whacks" <Don'tThinkSo@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <wuqdnXBaK83ATm_fRVn-1A@comcast.com>, nyyankees@comcast.net
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> "JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message

    > >> There would be so much lag that it wouldn't be fun for you. Does anyone
    > >> have any info on that Verizon fiberoptic line and when that will be
    > >> marketed? I hate lagging during NCAA everytime my wife uploads photos.
    > >> wonder how much companies charge for a 2nd account. There should be a
    > >> discount.
    > >>

    > > Uploading photos you say... ;-)
    >
    > Of our fully clothed kids and vacation.
    > > --
    > >

    > > If you feel you can't go on,
    > > Call Someone Now
    > > http://tinyurl.com/8duvg

    HaHa, I know, mate. Just messin... ;)
    --

    > In article <WoadnWrMRJIuH27fRVn-jw@comcast.com>, nyyankees@comcast.net
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Bikini Whacks" <Don'tThinkSo@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> > In article <wuqdnXBaK83ATm_fRVn-1A@comcast.com>, nyyankees@comcast.net
    >> > says...

    >> > Uploading photos you say... ;-)
    >>
    >> Of our fully clothed kids and vacation.
    >> > --
    >> >

    >> > If you feel you can't go on,
    >> > Call Someone Now
    >> > http://tinyurl.com/8duvg
    >>

    > HaHa, I know, mate. Just messin... ;)

    Sure. That's what they all say.

    You should be using a hub, the mac addresses should be different on each
    xbox and what you need to do is call your cable company and add an
    additional mac address, your support from you cable supplier should help you
    out.

    Nathan & Sheryl wrote:
    > You should be using a hub, the mac addresses should be different on each
    > xbox and what you need to do is call your cable company and add an
    > additional mac address, your support from you cable supplier should help you
    > out.
    >
    > "Greg" <greg@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello all, how can you connect two different Xbox's, each with own
    >>individual Live account, to one cablemodem. We are using a hub and getting
    >>message that only one Xbox Live account can be accessed from one IP. Any
    >>suggestions?
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>Greg

    Wow Greg,
    I know you're just trying to help, but uhh..... Perhaps you meant IP
    address. There's no chance those two Xboxes have the same MAC and it's
    not something you change (easily, if at all on the xbox).

Console Gaming Connection Xbox Video Games