Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Core unlocking problem.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 7, 2012 7:23:20 AM

hi guys just wanna ask you about my problem in unlocking cores.

here's my spec
-Athlon 2 x3 450 3.2GHZ (stock fan)
-ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2
-Powercolor hd 5570
-6GB 1333 RAM
-Local Power supply with 600watts

so here it goes whenever i try to unlock my CPU by pressing 4 it shutdowns automatically and restarts it shows 3 cores unlocked and show phenom ii x4b50 with 3 cores and 3 threads and also when i do it manually same thing happens.

i also noticed that my cores when i manually core i noticed that my CPU has 5 cores which is 2nd core, 3rd core, 4th core, 5th core,and 6th core.and usually my 3rd core is the only one that is off.whenever i turn on the 3rd core it's says that the current CPU cant be unlocked something liked that when i'm finished in the BIOS. i already tried bumping my CPU still the same problem. hope you can help me thanks in advance.

More about : core unlocking problem

Best solution

a b à CPUs
September 7, 2012 7:41:47 AM

itsnot ggod to unlock core because ur cpu can becom unstable
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2012 8:32:22 AM

"i also noticed that my cores when i manually core i noticed that my CPU has 5 cores which is 2nd core, 3rd core, 4th core, 5th core,and 6th core"

This makes no sense. There is no way a triple core CPU can have 5 cores. Where did you see this?

As skitz mentioned, chances are that your 4th core is faulty and cannot be unlocked.
m
l
Related resources
September 11, 2012 4:15:11 PM

sorry guys for the late reply..i will just overclock my cpu for performance..thanks by the way. here's the photo of 5 cores that im telling about it's in the bios..

m
l
September 30, 2012 6:27:33 AM

Best answer selected by gogrowglow.
m
l
!