hibernation

When I select My Pictures Slideshow as a screen saver, my PC will not go
into hibernation. With any other screen saver setting it works fine. Is
there a solution for this, or is it normal? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about hibernation

    Are you talking about hibernation which is a shutdown option or standby
    which is something done with the system still booted. If talking about
    standby, this is most likely an issue either with the graphics card drivers
    that may not support standby under this condition or, pure and simple,
    because the system is technically active when using the slideshow feature,
    it cannot go into standby mode under this condition.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "enak30" <efuller@valornet.com> wrote in message
    > When I select My Pictures Slideshow as a screen saver, my PC will not go
    > into hibernation. With any other screen saver setting it works fine. Is
    > there a solution for this, or is it normal? Thanks

Configuration Hibernation Microsoft Customization Windows XP