hibernation

December 29, 2004 6:25:33 PM

When I select My Pictures Slideshow as a screen saver, my PC will not go
into hibernation. With any other screen saver setting it works fine. Is
there a solution for this, or is it normal? Thanks

More about : hibernation

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 6:25:34 PM

Are you talking about hibernation which is a shutdown option or standby
which is something done with the system still booted. If talking about
standby, this is most likely an issue either with the graphics card drivers
that may not support standby under this condition or, pure and simple,
because the system is technically active when using the slideshow feature,
it cannot go into standby mode under this condition.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

!