[Forbes]: Xbox 360 launch on track: 1.6M units for Nov-Dec

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 5, 2005 5:13:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://www.tinyurl.com/8kt8h

Microsoft 360 Launch Seen On Track

Piper Jaffray said the launch of Microsoft's Xbox 360 is on track to launch
in November in the U.S. and Europe, and will likely ship "a couple of weeks
later" in Japan.

Microsoft management wouldn't provide launch quantities, but the research
firm estimates that 1 million units will ship in the U.S., 400,000 in
Europe, and 200,000 units in Japan by the end of 2005.

Piper Jaffray expects 15 games to be available at the console's launch and
25 to 40 games before the end of the year. The research firm noted that
there are more than 160 Xbox 360 games in development worldwide.

Microsoft also would not provide specific pricing information about the Xbox
360, but Piper Jaffray expects Microsoft will make one unit available at
$299, and another unit near $399, with the more expensive unit including
"additional hardware components (e.g., hard-drive option, extra controller,
memory option) that core users will likely buy anyway."

August 5, 2005 6:41:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

That can't be true. Bligmerk says the XBOX360 won't make the launch date.

<Highlander> wrote in message
> http://www.tinyurl.com/8kt8h

> Microsoft 360 Launch Seen On Track
>
> Piper Jaffray said the launch of Microsoft's Xbox 360 is on track to
> launch in November in the U.S. and Europe, and will likely ship "a couple
> of weeks later" in Japan.
>
> Microsoft management wouldn't provide launch quantities, but the research
> firm estimates that 1 million units will ship in the U.S., 400,000 in
> Europe, and 200,000 units in Japan by the end of 2005.
>
> Piper Jaffray expects 15 games to be available at the console's launch and
> 25 to 40 games before the end of the year. The research firm noted that
> there are more than 160 Xbox 360 games in development worldwide.
>
> Microsoft also would not provide specific pricing information about the
> Xbox 360, but Piper Jaffray expects Microsoft will make one unit available
> at $299, and another unit near $399, with the more expensive unit
> including "additional hardware components (e.g., hard-drive option, extra
> controller, memory option) that core users will likely buy anyway."

August 5, 2005 6:41:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

LOL...you are kidding right?

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"carrajo" <carrajo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That can't be true. Bligmerk says the XBOX360 won't make the launch date.
>
> <Highlander> wrote in message
>> http://www.tinyurl.com/8kt8h

>> Microsoft 360 Launch Seen On Track
>>
>> Piper Jaffray said the launch of Microsoft's Xbox 360 is on track to
>> launch in November in the U.S. and Europe, and will likely ship "a couple
>> of weeks later" in Japan.
>>
>> Microsoft management wouldn't provide launch quantities, but the research
>> firm estimates that 1 million units will ship in the U.S., 400,000 in
>> Europe, and 200,000 units in Japan by the end of 2005.
>>
>> Piper Jaffray expects 15 games to be available at the console's launch
>> and 25 to 40 games before the end of the year. The research firm noted
>> that there are more than 160 Xbox 360 games in development worldwide.
>>
>> Microsoft also would not provide specific pricing information about the
>> Xbox 360, but Piper Jaffray expects Microsoft will make one unit
>> available at $299, and another unit near $399, with the more expensive
>> unit including "additional hardware components (e.g., hard-drive option,
>> extra controller, memory option) that core users will likely buy anyway."

August 5, 2005 8:52:25 PM

Highlander wrote:

> Piper Jaffray said the launch of Microsoft's Xbox 360 is on track to
> launch in November in the U.S. and Europe, and will likely ship "a
> couple of weeks later" in Japan.
>
> Microsoft management wouldn't provide launch quantities, but the
> research firm estimates that 1 million units will ship in the U.S.,
> 400,000 in Europe, and 200,000 units in Japan by the end of 2005.

Bligmerk is going to be so enraged by this he'll have to drown an extra sack
of kittens this week

> Piper Jaffray expects Microsoft will make one unit
> available at $299, and another unit near $399, with the more
> expensive unit including "additional hardware components (e.g.,
> hard-drive option, extra controller, memory option) that core users
> will likely buy anyway."

Nuh-uh. The HDD will be in all Xbox 360s, at least at launch. I guess a
package w/ stuff like extra controller, camera, etc. might be possible but I
wouldn't bet on it. Not right now at least.

-Z-
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 9:44:30 PM

Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> LOL...you are kidding right?

No way. We all know that Blig Merk is the best source for Xbox360 news.

Swi
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:00:50 AM

In article <11f7ne6k086fv3a@corp.supernews.com>, none@nowhere.com says...

>Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote:
>> LOL...you are kidding right?
>>

>No way. We all know that Blig Merk is the best source for Xbox360 news.
>
>Swi

You might as well be talking to Bill Gates.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:59:22 PM

Blig Merk wrote:

> You agree with the part of the article that you
> agree with and disagree with the part of the article you don't agree
> with.

Wow Bligmerk, your grasp of the English language is really coming along. I
guess a person really can live a productive life despite a profound brain
injury.

> From this
> article, it seems there is going to be a two option launch, one
> without the hard drive and one with the hard drive.

I believe they're mistaken, based on what I was told directly by your friend
J Allard. He said the HDD will be standard in all launch Xbox 360s, and that
there will be only one configuration at launch. Now that was back in April
IIRC, so maybe something has changed since then. Piper Jaffray seems to have
info I don't have re: launch timelines, while I believe I have info they
don't have re: launch configurations. Like I said, maybe my info is wrong.
But I don't think so.

Just to ensure you don't respond to this thread again, because you always
back down from direct questions like the pussy-ass coward you are: What are
you going to do if the Xbox 360 launches on time and performs exactly as
expected? Can we expect a public apology for all your false propaganda of
the past several months? LOL, that'll be the day. You'll just slink back
into the muck and rise up again another time when the opportunity presents
itself. You're the Gollum of Usenet.

-Z-
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 7:06:06 PM

In article <1123302332.731738.280600@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
blig_murk@yahoo.com says...

>Oh, that is rich. You agree with the part of the article that you agree
>with and disagree with the part of the article you don't agree with.
>Talk about selective rationalization. You continue to show what a
>psycho-schizo you are, a constant contradictory cunt. From this
>article, it seems there is going to be a two option launch, one without
>the hard drive and one with the hard drive. Oh, this will be good.

You bet its gonna be good. At least for anybody who doesn't have their head
firmly planted in their ass with ideas that this console or that console will
be inferior for some stupid reason. Both consoles will have must have titles,
both console are going to kick much ass, both consoles will make JoJo wet his
pants, both consoles will cause JoJo to spank the nut. Wise up Bliggety and
realize that the only one your screwing is yourself.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 8:49:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

I'm not hyped up for this release at all. Until they give us aussies a
firm release date, then i'll start getting excited.

--
ministry
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

It's official now.. X360 is coming out on Nov 22 in America, Dec 2 in Europe
and Dec 10th on Japan...

On 8/5/05 11:13 AM, in article
QfGdnZ2dnZ2F4OrOnZ2dnaYxbt-dnZ2dRVn-0Z2dnZ0@comcast.com, "Highlander"
<Highlander> wrote:

> http://www.tinyurl.com/8kt8h

> Microsoft 360 Launch Seen On Track
>
> Piper Jaffray said the launch of Microsoft's Xbox 360 is on track to launch
> in November in the U.S. and Europe, and will likely ship "a couple of weeks
> later" in Japan.
>
> Microsoft management wouldn't provide launch quantities, but the research
> firm estimates that 1 million units will ship in the U.S., 400,000 in
> Europe, and 200,000 units in Japan by the end of 2005.
>
> Piper Jaffray expects 15 games to be available at the console's launch and
> 25 to 40 games before the end of the year. The research firm noted that
> there are more than 160 Xbox 360 games in development worldwide.
>
> Microsoft also would not provide specific pricing information about the Xbox
> 360, but Piper Jaffray expects Microsoft will make one unit available at
> $299, and another unit near $399, with the more expensive unit including
> "additional hardware components (e.g., hard-drive option, extra controller,
> memory option) that core users will likely buy anyway."

September 17, 2005 11:02:21 AM

"Ralph Gurgol" <rgurgol@theportables.com> wrote in message
> It's official now.. X360 is coming out on Nov 22 in America, Dec 2 in
> Europe
> and Dec 10th on Japan...

It is now official, week 1 of the NFL is over.