System Tray Problems

December 29, 2004 7:39:03 PM

I have two programs (Ad-Watch and Quotes) that will not 'hold' the behavior I
select for system tray notification. I select 'Always Hide' forAd-Watch and
'Always Show' for Quotes but both of them always revert to 'Hide When
Inactive.' How can I get my desired behavior to stick?

Also, in the Name column of the Customize Notifications window the icon for
Quotes shows correctly but instead of the program name (Quotes) appearing it
says <no title>. How can I make the file name appear?

PS I haven't ever edited my registry so if the fixes involve this please be
very specific. Thank you!

More about : system tray problems

Anonymous
December 30, 2004 1:57:50 PM

"Addi" <Addi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
| I have two programs (Ad-Watch and Quotes) that will not 'hold' the behavior I
| select for system tray notification. I select 'Always Hide' forAd-Watch and
| 'Always Show' for Quotes but both of them always revert to 'Hide When
| Inactive.' How can I get my desired behavior to stick?
|
| Also, in the Name column of the Customize Notifications window the icon for
| Quotes shows correctly but instead of the program name (Quotes) appearing it
| says <no title>. How can I make the file name appear?
|
| PS I haven't ever edited my registry so if the fixes involve this please be
| very specific. Thank you!

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na
Troubleshooting the Notification Area
!