Problem, Wont boot

Specs:

i7 3770S LGA 1155
Corsair H100 Heat sink.
ASUS P8Z77-V Mother board
G.Skill 1600 16GB (2x8GB)
Galaxy GTX 670
Roswell X stream 750W PSU
Corsair 400R


I tried to boot my computer a few times and I get nothing. I went to the Trouble shooting page that is found on this site and I can not for the life of me figure out what it wont boot.

The Green power indication light comes on but nothing works when I hit the power button. I even tried shorting the 2 pins where the switch connects and nothing! This is very frustrating.

Also I thought maybe it was trying to post and I just don't hear the Post beep because the 400R does not have a speaker on it. So I pulled an old Post speaker from my old case and Tried booting up and not even a beep.

Please help
9 answers Last reply
More about problem wont boot
  1. Try the steps in this helpful read me

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems


    I just built a system and had to use the steps in this ( its worth the time the look at ) My MOBO was DOA :(

    GL with the PC hope its up and running soon.
  2. I read over all of it and have tried most of it. But I don't even get anything that powers up. Also, like i said I used an old post speaker and i do not even get beeps. Nothing moves at all the HDD does not power on. The Fans don't even try spinning and my H100 does not indicate it is on ether.
  3. Erassa said:
    I read over all of it and have tried most of it. But I don't even get anything that powers up. Also, like i said I used an old post speaker and i do not even get beeps. Nothing moves at all the HDD does not power on. The Fans don't even try spinning and my H100 does not indicate it is on ether.



    Most of it is not trying all of it !!!

    If it dont help then its a bad part, you will need to start by trying to figure out what one is bad

    IMO on a new build ( i would start with the )

    #1 mobo

    #2 PSU

    #3 RAM

    #4 GPU

    Ect
  4. I don't see your memory listed in the ASUS compatability chart for your motherboard. Could be to high of density for motherboard and BIOS.
  5. It's very good troubleshoot post, it means to be followed step by step.... (not to be skiped)

    Do you encounter problems at step......?

    Looks like dead psu?
    did u turn up the psu with shortcircuit it and read the volt with multimeter/voltmeter?? there a guide about the voltage of each cable....
    or just try borrowing another psu.....
  6. Ok I did everything. I even tested the PSU in another computer and it worked fine. What seems to be happening is the PSU is not picking up a Load to turn on. THis could be a faulty Mother Board? If not the mother Board the CPU?
  7. Erassa said:
    Ok I did everything. I even tested the PSU in another computer and it worked fine. What seems to be happening is the PSU is not picking up a Load to turn on. THis could be a faulty Mother Board? If not the mother Board the CPU?



    Yes could be a bad mobo ram cpu gpu ect

    If you know now the psu is good

    I would take the cpu make sure there are not any bent pins or burn marks on it, if it looks ok

    look for any burned Caps on the mobo, take the mobo back and rebuild

    IMO if you did the steps in thats read me 90% its a dead mobo


    I did a build 4 days a ago, all lights came on fans worked reset bios still wont not post to out ram ect took it apart and tryed on a bread board no post took it back for a new mobo and it came alive :)
  8. Yeah I check all the Pins And nothing looked out of place. Check the CPU contacts and it looked good. Checked for Burned Caps on the MOBO and they looked good.

    No fans or anything come on. The Switch on the case does nothing; I also tried shorting the two power pins and that did nothing.

    I have never dealt with ASUS before, But I have heard bad stories
  9. Erassa said:
    Yeah I check all the Pins And nothing looked out of place. Check the CPU contacts and it looked good. Checked for Burned Caps on the MOBO and they looked good.

    No fans or anything come on. The Switch on the case does nothing; I also tried shorting the two power pins and that did nothing.

    I have never dealt with ASUS before, But I have heard bad stories



    Take it back to the store
Ask a new question

Read More

Systems