I wont buy an ATI/AMD GPU

zackarytj

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
i dont no y but i will not buy a ati/amd gpu....i dont wanna call my self a fan boy or anything but i find myself not liking there cards. Dont get me wrong. they always have cool technologies like Ifenity but i just think Nvidia is better....I have had ati card b4, a ALL-N-WONDER a about 7 year back when i was in high school and i got it ckuz it was given to me....Nvidia is the best

why did you post this as a question? if you don't want to give ATI/AMD another chance, that's your business.

personally I don't favor either, but it's been 7 years for you man, technology has changed a lot

G

get a 480 instead :lol: .

I couldn't care less about brands, price/performance is what's it all about.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

:lol: ^AGREED

The OP is obviously a troll, even if they weren't trying to troll and was willing to talk about AMD vs NVIDIA it should be done in general discussion.

I bought the HD5870 from Sapphire Tech and it was the best card at the time. The NVidia GTX4xx series ran extremely hot and loud.

NVidia responded with the GTX5xx and the GTX560Ti was a really great value.

Now AMD has had its HD7xxx cards out and we're still waiting on the GTX6xx series from NVidia.

*So AMD has in the last few years been beating NVidia to the punch (and NVidia completely screwed up with GTX4xx's heat issues).

Personally I'm probably buying an NVidia GTX6xx but the card to beat right now IMO is this one:

Sapphire Tech HD7950 OC

Other:
AMD has excellent value for the lower-end cards. I bought my dad an HD5450 1GB for $30!!

Absynthe2k5

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

Haven't really seen alot on heat issues (in the reviews) with the 4XX series and the 460 is rated best in bracket on the charts, I can't speak form personal experience just reviews :(