Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I wont buy an ATI/AMD GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 17, 2012 6:52:20 PM

i dont no y but i will not buy a ati/amd gpu....i dont wanna call my self a fan boy or anything but i find myself not liking there cards. Dont get me wrong. they always have cool technologies like Ifenity but i just think Nvidia is better....I have had ati card b4, a ALL-N-WONDER a about 7 year back when i was in high school and i got it ckuz it was given to me....Nvidia is the best

More about : wont buy ati amd gpu

a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 7:16:07 PM

Troll Fanboy, gets to miss out on some of the best cards out there
m
l
March 17, 2012 7:37:17 PM

kitsunestarwind said:
Troll Fanboy, gets to miss out on some of the best cards out there

no i aint no troll or nothin like that....i just like nvidia...
m
l
Related resources
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
March 17, 2012 7:59:50 PM

you should just stick to intel graphics. its so much cooler than nvidia.
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 8:05:42 PM

zackarytj said:
i dont no y but i will not buy a ati/amd gpu....i dont wanna call my self a fan boy or anything but i find myself not liking there cards. Dont get me wrong. they always have cool technologies like Ifenity but i just think Nvidia is better....I have had ati card b4, a ALL-N-WONDER a about 7 year back when i was in high school and i got it ckuz it was given to me....Nvidia is the best

why did you post this as a question? if you don't want to give ATI/AMD another chance, that's your business.

personally I don't favor either, but it's been 7 years for you man, technology has changed a lot
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 8:15:13 PM

Uhm what is the purpose of this thread?
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 8:18:16 PM

Agreed. This thread should be deleted for there is no point, or even a question.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 8:18:48 PM

OMG due to this fanbois post, I am selling off my crossfired 7970s and getting dual 520 GTX to power my system cause nvidia is so gud.
m
l
a c 230 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
March 17, 2012 8:20:09 PM

In the budget segment (< $200) just like with CPU's, I like AMD .... in the high performance segment, I prefer Intel and nVidia. But my loyalty can be bought with better performance. We'll see where it goes in the next cupla weeks for this round.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 8:20:51 PM

this thread was to point out he graduated HS 7 years ago as the grammar of a 6 year old.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 8:21:12 PM

vrumor said:
OMG due to this fanbois post, I am selling off my crossfired 7970s and getting dual 520 GTX to power my system cause nvidia is so gud.

get a 480 instead :lol:  .

I couldn't care less about brands, price/performance is what's it all about.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2012 8:31:00 PM

Ohmybad said:
this thread was to point out he graduated HS 7 years ago as the grammar of a 6 year old.

:lol:  ^AGREED

The OP is obviously a troll, even if they weren't trying to troll and was willing to talk about AMD vs NVIDIA it should be done in general discussion.
m
l
a c 159 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
March 17, 2012 8:31:27 PM

I bought the HD5870 from Sapphire Tech and it was the best card at the time. The NVidia GTX4xx series ran extremely hot and loud.

NVidia responded with the GTX5xx and the GTX560Ti was a really great value.

Now AMD has had its HD7xxx cards out and we're still waiting on the GTX6xx series from NVidia.

*So AMD has in the last few years been beating NVidia to the punch (and NVidia completely screwed up with GTX4xx's heat issues).

Personally I'm probably buying an NVidia GTX6xx but the card to beat right now IMO is this one:

Sapphire Tech HD7950 OC

Other:
AMD has excellent value for the lower-end cards. I bought my dad an HD5450 1GB for $30!!
m
l
March 17, 2012 9:13:38 PM

560TI is amazing. Imma ATI fanboi. =P
m
l
March 18, 2012 6:14:16 AM

photonboy said:
I bought the HD5870 from Sapphire Tech and it was the best card at the time. The NVidia GTX4xx series ran extremely hot and loud.

NVidia responded with the GTX5xx and the GTX560Ti was a really great value.

Now AMD has had its HD7xxx cards out and we're still waiting on the GTX6xx series from NVidia.

*So AMD has in the last few years been beating NVidia to the punch (and NVidia completely screwed up with GTX4xx's heat issues).

Personally I'm probably buying an NVidia GTX6xx but the card to beat right now IMO is this one:

Sapphire Tech HD7950 OC

Other:
AMD has excellent value for the lower-end cards. I bought my dad an HD5450 1GB for $30!!

Haven't really seen alot on heat issues (in the reviews) with the 4XX series and the 460 is rated best in bracket on the charts, I can't speak form personal experience just reviews :( 
m
l
March 18, 2012 6:57:27 AM

AMD is better then nVidia in some cards. nVidia is better than AMD in some cards as well. It depends on what model.
m
l
March 18, 2012 8:13:52 AM

dont feed the flamee!

take this discussion somewhere else!
you guys dont like trolls dont start using their threads to discuss things
m
l
March 18, 2012 9:29:02 AM

my fault i replied not realising it was in fact a troll. maybe a mod can lock it.
m
l
March 18, 2012 11:08:34 AM

Sigh... from the original poster, it's definitely a troll.

Moderator, please lock this post, thank you...
m
l
!