Pc randomly freezes

Twiztid1

Honorable
May 17, 2012
So I build a new Pc with a fresh install of windos7 ultimate. Pc turns on and I installed the drivers for my video card and mono. After I installed the drives, ran windows update and rebooted. Now my pc randomly freezes. Any ideas what is wrong. Any programs to run. I'll take any advice.thanx for any help

Read your MOBO book ( set your bios up )

Set your ram timmings and voltage

Run a memetest

I would start with this, also do you flash your mobo bios ? < sometimes this helps with alot of stability issues

Twiztid1

Honorable
May 17, 2012
So I read the online manual and I went into the bios to check my settings and it froze. I restarted the pc and it will load till the starting windows screen show up and it freezes. I'm running windows 7 ultimate64bit by the way. I can go into the bios every so often and go into the memory settings. I change the first 4 settings per my timings and when I save and exit I get an error message and the pc locks up and freezes. This *** is driving me nuts. Any more advise anyone

Twiztid1

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Ok i set the voltage and the timing. I only have one stick intalled and I start the pc. It works for a while and as I'm trying to dl IMF burn it freezes. Restart the pc and it freezes at the starting windows screen. Switch out the stick fo r the other one, freezes in the same spot. Any more advise please. Thanx

Run the mem test to see if your ram is bad

Run a GPU burn test to check the stabilty of your GPU also do one your your CPU

Is all your fans working ? Might be a heat problem