What is this little thing?

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
testingvsfx62.jpg

what is that PCI add on card which tells u the errors where could i grab one of those?

thanks

sithscout80

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I think I found what you are looking for, it is a PCI POST Diagnostic Reader Card.
I think this is the card from your picture here.

That one looks to be around $250, but if you search for PCI POST Card, you'll find cheaper solutions.

dokk

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
testingvsfx62.jpg

what is that PCI add on card which tells u the errors where could i grab one of those?

thanks

YO Pengwin.
It's called a Post Card,,brings back a lot of memories....
Anyways my ISA Post Card has the following info on it...
By Unicore Software Inc
1538 Turnpike Street
N.Andover Mo.01845
508-868-6468....508-683-1630
BTW. Unicore does have a web address and the PCI version of the above card is 99.95 U.S....This card will work with any MOBO that has a PCI slot.
Usually such cards are/were used in pc repair shops and are very helpfull in debugging new proggies ,which interact with hardware and cause system startup failures,but they are specifically used to detect boot failures by stopping at the error code that indicates the reason for failure........
Some MOBO manufactures install them on their MOBO's ..ECS comes to mind ????.
Hope this satisfies your curiosity,,,,,:))

4745454b

Titan
"Some MOBO manufactures install them on their MOBO's ..ECS comes to mind" Some do, ECS isn't the first however that jumps to my mind. You are probably thinking of Epox, who puts this feature in almost all of their motherboards.