bassgrinder

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Can anyone tell me if I could use an intel SE7320 VP2 server MoBo in a full tower desktop case and use as a home built system http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/category/server/se7320vp2/doc_guide
I can pick one up with 2 Xeon 3.6 CPUs, and 1 stick of 1 Gig ram. I know the on board video having 8MB of SDRAM is very meager but it appears like it has a PCi E x16 slot I should be able use for a video card. 2 HDDs are plenty for my uses and if I can add a DVD /ROM drive and connect to the internet I will be very happy. I use my home PC mostly for watching movies online or reading with kindle for PC. I have Win XP Professional on my HDDS. It appears to me like I could do all the above with this server board, but never having worked with a server board before I am sure of what unforeseen problems may lurk, and I am not even sure it would fit in my case. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated

Stay away from this board for home use! It doesn't have a PCI-E slot, it has a slot for a riser card (that then has a PCI-E slot) but that can not be installed in normal cases. Beside that it's not an ATX size so it will not fit in a normal case anyway. And you need a special power supply and drivers are only supported for windows server and the RAM is ECC and and...