New System won't POST

BuBzXXL

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hey all, last night I finished my build and it won't turn on/POST? The only led that turns on is the STANDBY LED on the bottom of the board and I don't even need to push the power button for it to turn on.

Specs:

XFX ProSeries 1000
SABERTOOTH Z77
i5-3570k
Asus CD Drive
H100
Caviar Black 1.5TB

So far I've swapped the RAM sticks using only one stick, Paperclipped the PSU(has power), What else should I do? I've also double checked all the connections.

PLEASE help!!

Thanks,
BuBz

tekman42

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Check and make sure all the stand-offs for mounting the motherboard in your case are installed underneath all the mounting holes for your motherboard.

Make SURE you have the front panel connectors properly connected to the motherboard....hdd led +- power led +- sound and pwr and reset wires are on correctly!!!!

RESEAT THE RAM...RESEAT THE CPU and check for proper orientation and NO foreign objects in the cpu socket OR BENT PINS!

Make sure the cpu fan is connected properly....UNPLUG the 24 pin motherboard pwr connecter and reseat it fully.

Make sure you have the "8-PIN" cpu power connector at the top left of the motherboard above the cpu fully seated and aligned correctly.

After that...if it doesn't start...you either have a bad/shorted component or a bad PSU or Mobo.

Perform these checks after reading through this
http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39685
AND here
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/335272-31-troubleshooting-beep-post-display

Good luck and hopefully it will be something not quite locked down correctly!

pdxalex

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Sorry to hear it's still giving you problems. I was going to suggest starting a trouble-shooting thread to get some more input from our more seasoned members.

As tek suggested, reseat both ram and cpu... I'd also unplug any non-essentials, ie unplug your HDD, all fans other than CPU, and unplug the case's fan controller.

Anywhere you can purchase or borrow a motherboard speaker??