Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need help on a PSU

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 19, 2012 6:39:03 PM

I have three choices to chose from that I have found, so if you guys could pick one that would be great. Also my budget is $70 after Rebate. Below I will list my Computer Specs so that you guys can get a better idea for how many Watts I will be using.

Computer Specs:

Monitor: Acer S211HL bd 22" Class LED Monitor - 12M:1 Contrast Ratio, 5MS response time, 1080P, 1920x1080

OS: Windows 7 32BIT

Tower Case: Diablo Tek Elite ATX Mid Tower (Comes with a 450W PSU but I am switching it out to meet the requirements on my Graphics Card)

Power Supply: OCZ ZT550W - 550W, 140mm Fan, Active PFC, 80 Plus Bronze, +12v 1 = 45 A

Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1045T - Six Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3MB L2 Cache, 2.70GHz, Socket AM3, 95W, Fan, Retail

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6850

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

RAM: ADATA 4GB x2 DDR3 (8GB Total)

Hardrive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Disc Drive: Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer


Here are my 3 PSU options so far:

Corsair Gaming Series GS500 500W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Corsair 650TXV2 650W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Cooler Master RS450 450W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Select the best one for my Computer Spec and comment it below, also my budget is $70 so if you have other options please go ahead and list them.

More about : psu

a b B Homebuilt system
May 19, 2012 6:49:53 PM

Corsair TX650 it will be a grate single card PSU also give to a upgrade path down the road to add a GPU that needs more power and room to OC the system and GPU.

Also you wont be pushing it to hard

You will only use the power the PC needs to run


If it fits your budget thats my pick, if not a good 550W will do
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 19, 2012 7:03:24 PM

Niklas_13 said:
Corsair TX650 it will be a grate single card PSU also give to a upgrade path down the road to add a GPU that needs more power and room to OC the system and GPU.

Also you wont be pushing it to hard

You will only use the power the PC needs to run


If it fits your budget thats my pick, if not a good 550W will do


Do you think it would be worth the extra $5 to get the 600w version of the Corsair Gaming Series:


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 19, 2012 7:30:01 PM

Ficttion said:
Do you think it would be worth the extra $5 to get the 600w version of the Corsair Gaming Series:


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


The Corsair TX would be a higher end PSU ( made by sea sonic ) High quality Japanese capacitors

The Corsair GS would be a lower end PSU made by a OME company with lower end parts ( IMO would still get the job done )

TX 5 year warranty

GS 3 year warranty

IMO if its a few bucks TX is a win win
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 19, 2012 7:37:12 PM

BTW is that you system or are you buiding this ?

m
0
l
May 19, 2012 7:42:49 PM

Niklas_13 said:
BTW is that you system or are you buiding this ?


Building, everything but the Graphics Card, PSU, and Monitor has already been purchased as a Barebones kit.
m
0
l
!