First Build Ever! Im a Virgin Here :p! $1300-1500 Price Range!

Approximate Purchase Date: Anytime before June 21st

Budget Range: $1300-$1500 will spend more if I must. Ive always been bad at estimating prices.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming is the very main focus (I am a BF3 addict), then movie watching next.

Parts Not Required: Gotta be honest..I am starting from nothing here. The only thing I wont need are speakers. Whats everyones opinions on wireless mice and keyboards? Is it bad for gaming?

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com I guess, but any site is fine.

Parts Preferences: Intel and Nvidia preferred please! But I will certainly hear you out with an open mind.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe. Right now Id prefer to just have a single card. But a MOBO that can SLI would be nice in case I ever change my mind in the future.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080+! I am really bad with imagining sizes in my head, but I wanna say a 24" is optimal? Its hard for me to say because I have a gorgeous 40" HDtv in my room that I game on with my PS3 (yes I am a PC gaming noob, newly converting! Teach me your ways!) and I so I cant imagine gaming on a 24"...ive been jaded!! Would my tv even work alright for a monitor? Has anyone done this? Only problem I can see is that id be using my pc on my bed and not a desk, so that may be awkward and uncomfortable with a kb/mouse set up.

Additional Comments: 1TB-2TB preferred. Also looking for a very small cheap 30-60gb SSD for putting my OS and favorite applications/games on. Id like to be able to play BF3 on ultra, but If it makes a significant drop in price to play it on high, ill compromise. Also, the Intel i5-2500k seems perfectly fine, I think. Thats about the only part ive officially decided on. The rest is up for discussion! Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about first build ever virgin 1300 1500 price range
  1. TV is not optimal for monitor because of poorer image quality and limitations of the res.
  2. Thank you, I appreciate it! Like I said, im completely new so even this information is very helpful. Monitor it is! Ill go into an actual store so I can actually see each monitor size in person, but for the convenience of this thread, lets say im looking for something around a 24" :)
  3. 24" is ok, but for 1920x1080, 23" has more pixels, which means images look just right.
  4. Once again, youre the expert! I trust you guys here. 23" it is.

Any insight on the rest of the parts?
  5. Sorry, I am not too good when it comes to suggesting from scratch. I am more of a recommendation guy. :P
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems