How do I change videocard settings for tv when I can't see anything?

edrockjr

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
This is the issue, my current TV I normally have my PC connected to is not going to be fixed until next week Friday. So I hooked up a different TV that can display up to 1080i. The issue is this, I connected the older TV to the PC which has existing settings that match the TV being fixed, so all I get is a blank screen through the HDMI. I'm assuming it's the settings since this coincides with the TV change.

What's weird is the settings that are being output from the video card are at 720p, so I'd figure my old Sharp TV which goes up to 1080i would have no issue. But there is nothing, no screen or sound. How in the world do I reset the settings without actually seeing what I'm doing? It's very frustrating and thinking this was an easy fix, I have not come up with any sufficient answers through numerous Google searches. I figured Windows 7 or the card would pickup the differences and relay them internally to possibly fix the error but to no avail.

What I'm running:
Radeon HD 6850
Windows 7 OS

If anyone has had this happen before and you know of a quick fix, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!

EDIT: Figured this was worth mentioning, I know it's booting up just fine because I can shut it down blindly. Pressing Windows Key>Tab>Up arrow>Enter then it shuts down.